Can a person survive only by eating fruits?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• According to a study a guy eating only fruits and vegetables since a long time, i don't remember how much. Then at 40 years old after a scan he has bones of a 80 years old man...
    Diversity is the key. Only eat a kind of thing is not good.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Not unless you take a shit load of supplements too. Even vegans don't eat just fruit they eat vegetables, beans, nuts, in addition to supplements. You need Protein, Iron, Vitamin B, and Zinc which you're not going to get from eating just fruits. You will die.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 39

• People who do this often end up with diabetes. Suger in high content also causes cancer to become active. What your after is called a meditrainion diet with supplements. If you lack $ its hard to do it correctly. I personally go to all you can eat places to eat properly. Once a day. It depends on the effects your after what you should eat. I've been studying deits for years..

0|0
    0|0
  • So i dont know about all you other humans but this one tried it for 8 months before i ended up in the hospital for lack of nutrients. The doc said that the body that is not eased into a diet like that can have heath problems. Obviously it is possible. I mean look at all the vegans

0|0
    0|0
  • No. You need a balanced diet to survive over a long period of time.

2|0
    0|0
  • You would have severe bowel problems pretty quickly and most likely be feeling ill from the high amount of sugars and lack of real sustenance. Even frutitarians aren't 100% just fruit.

1|0
    0|0
  • No there's too much sugar and not enough protein to maintain a healthy body your muscle mass will decrease after a short time to compensate

0|0
    0|0
  • No. You need fats and proteins and essential vitamins and minerals.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends, what do you define as surviving? You'll eventually start having protein deficiency. And that's a lot of sugar. You'll die quicker than if you had a good balanced diet.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, unless they get the essential proteins and other stuff, and ttheyll need to drink water and liquids

1|0
    0|0
  • Fruit and semen will keep you alive, and make your pussy smell and taste good

1|0
    0|1
  • Apparently, yes.
    Fruitarians and Jains eat only fruits

0|0
    0|0
  • Possibly, but you'd have to eat ridiculous amounts.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. That is one of the most dangerous diets in existence. You will die from it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, you need more than just fruits. A balanced diet is essential to survive.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't even eat. I only drink water. I'm like a plant tbh

0|0
    1|0
  • Yeah but you probably won't have great muscle strengh

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah, but various ones

0|0
    0|0
  • lol yess

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but your body won't thank you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you can.

0|0
    1|0
  • no he can't

0|0
    0|0
  • Likely yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. But they would be skinny though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep. Like elfs

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would you do that?

0|0
    0|0
  • Technically yes but it's not a well rounded diet.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ofcourse

0|0
    0|0
  • Yah why not

0|0
    0|1
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• Yes they would be able to survive but eating only fruits could wreck the digestive system causing diahareea as it's a lot of fiber to consume.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, fruits barely contain enough proteines and fats your body needs. But it's a good way to get diabetes due to loads of fruit sugar.

0|1
    0|0
  • You need protein and fruit can't give u that like meat can

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah but he won't be healthy at all and will have a lot of health problems

0|0
    0|0
  • Include other things like quinoa and nuts and veggies. Make sure you're getting the calories and nutrients that you're supposed to

0|0
    1|1
    • That doesn't answer the question at all. The whole point of the question is if it's possible to live on only fruit.

• Obviously no. That's why i said what i said

• Not for long you need some sort of protein to live.

0|0
    0|0
  • For small amount of time before becoming malnourished.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so, eventually your body will have a lack of nutrients.

0|0
    0|0
  • For a while, but humans need protein and other things that fruit cannot provide.

0|0
    0|0
  • For a limited amount of time. You would need proteins and fats too, which fruit doesn't provide

0|0
    0|0
    • What if i eat only bread water and fruits

• Maybe if it was whole grain bread that had seeds. Please don't take advice from me about your diet though lol.. I am not a doctor

• You need more than just fruit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nooo

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes a lot of people do they are called fruitarians

0|0
    0|0
  • I have for the past 8 months water and fruit

0|0
    0|0