I ate expired steak. What’s gonna happen to me?

I didn’t check the best before date and ate it...
and when I was almost done I saw that the steak was kinda mushy. So I checked the package and it was due since April 28th.
whats gonna happen to me?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• The worst that could prob happen is food poisoning. Just drink a lot of water to flush it out of your system

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• This all depends on where you had your steak stored last. If it was in the freezer, it's good up to 6-8 months past expiration date, assuming if you eat it within 24-48 hours of refrigerating it to thaw it down.

If you ate it from the fridge, any form of ground beef including steak is only good for up for 2 days past expiration before it starts to spoil. If that's the case, be prepared for stomach sickness from all the bacteria you consumed and be near a toilet in case you have diarrhea or throw up from it. You won't die from this but it'll probably hurt a lot so just be sure to check expiration dates from now on so you can avoid this in the future.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• If it tasted/smelled fine, nothing is going to happen. Worst case scenario, you get an upset tummy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Insta death

0|0
    0|0
  • You'll probably have stomach aches and/or puke.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hopefully you don't expire.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• You'll turn into a cow, if lucky. Otherwise you will die. Actually, you can get sick from outdated or not properly cared for meat. You could even get seriously ill. But, as you are asking the question, it looks like it wasn't all that old.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can keep meat for 6 months frozen even if it's past the expired due date
    I heard that from a butcher at the local grocery store but you could talk to a butcher they are your best knowledge on how long meats last.

0|0
    0|0
  • Either you'll be confined to the bathroom or absolutely nothing. See how your gut feels in a few hours

0|0
    0|0
  • Death. Goodbye Blue Anon.

Seriously hopefully nothing, you may get sick, vomit or have the shits but nothing major should happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the steak was frozen prior to cooking then you should be fine.

If not then be prepared for explosive diarrhea.

0|0
    0|0
  • You'll probably upset your stomach from food poisoning and shart your pants when you least expect it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Likely nothing, possibly food poisoning.

0|0
    0|0
  • you'll turn into a cow

0|0
    0|0
  • You're gonna die in 7 days.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it was frozen and you thawed it it's fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not much...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes