I ate expired steak. What’s gonna happen to me?

I didn’t check the best before date and ate it...
and when I was almost done I saw that the steak was kinda mushy. So I checked the package and it was due since April 28th.
whats gonna happen to me?

512

Most Helpful Girl

• The worst that could prob happen is food poisoning. Just drink a lot of water to flush it out of your system

Most Helpful Guy

• This all depends on where you had your steak stored last. If it was in the freezer, it's good up to 6-8 months past expiration date, assuming if you eat it within 24-48 hours of refrigerating it to thaw it down.

If you ate it from the fridge, any form of ground beef including steak is only good for up for 2 days past expiration before it starts to spoil. If that's the case, be prepared for stomach sickness from all the bacteria you consumed and be near a toilet in case you have diarrhea or throw up from it. You won't die from this but it'll probably hurt a lot so just be sure to check expiration dates from now on so you can avoid this in the future.