What alcohol do you recommend for someone who is starting to regularly drink alcohol?

I'm turning 21 in about 2 weeks and for my birthday all my friends are getting me different bottles of alcohol. I've only drank alcohol a few times I didn't like it at first but I'm quickly gaining a tolerance for it. I like sangria, prosecco, and some mixed whiskeys. What alcohol would you recommend for me? My friends want to get me alcohol based on what I already like but I want to try some new alcohol that I might like based on what I've already tried.

623

Most Helpful Guy

• Vodka & coke. Whisky & coke. Cider. Those 3 are delicious and are enjoyable to drink. Be careful to not put too much vodka/whisky in the glass as it will ruin the flavor and make it a nuisance to drink. For example in a 200ml glass, put about 40ml of vodka.

• NO NO Not Whisky & anything. Just pour it into an empty glass and then drink it. If you don't like whisky, don't drink it. Don't spell "whisky" with an "e:" if it's Scottish, it's whisky. If you don't like it, drink something else. Look, if you don't like tea, you don't send for a cup of tea with strawberry jam in it, do you?

• @jcoldstream no it was an authentic Scottish whisky I got when I was in Scotland. To be fair, that was one of the first alcoholic drinks I have ever tried.

• OK, not everyone likes it. You might try an Irish whiskey (they spell it with an "e") like Bushmills or Jameson's. Irish whiskey has a lot less peppery flavour and you might prefer it.

One other drink I decided that I have to mention: Newcastle Brown Ale. It doesn't come from Scotland but from about 50 miles south of the Border in England. An unusually sweet beer that you might like.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should definitely try Redd's Apple Ale Black Cherry. I've tried a bunch of different drinks, but that's always my go to! The cans I get are 8.0% alcohol so you can decide.