What alcohol do you recommend for someone who is starting to regularly drink alcohol?

I'm turning 21 in about 2 weeks and for my birthday all my friends are getting me different bottles of alcohol. I've only drank alcohol a few times I didn't like it at first but I'm quickly gaining a tolerance for it. I like sangria, prosecco, and some mixed whiskeys. What alcohol would you recommend for me? My friends want to get me alcohol based on what I already like but I want to try some new alcohol that I might like based on what I've already tried.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Vodka & coke. Whisky & coke. Cider. Those 3 are delicious and are enjoyable to drink. Be careful to not put too much vodka/whisky in the glass as it will ruin the flavor and make it a nuisance to drink. For example in a 200ml glass, put about 40ml of vodka.

1|0
    0|0
    • NO NO Not Whisky & anything. Just pour it into an empty glass and then drink it. If you don't like whisky, don't drink it. Don't spell "whisky" with an "e:" if it's Scottish, it's whisky. If you don't like it, drink something else. Look, if you don't like tea, you don't send for a cup of tea with strawberry jam in it, do you?

• Show All
    • @jcoldstream no it was an authentic Scottish whisky I got when I was in Scotland. To be fair, that was one of the first alcoholic drinks I have ever tried.

• OK, not everyone likes it. You might try an Irish whiskey (they spell it with an "e") like Bushmills or Jameson's. Irish whiskey has a lot less peppery flavour and you might prefer it.

One other drink I decided that I have to mention: Newcastle Brown Ale. It doesn't come from Scotland but from about 50 miles south of the Border in England. An unusually sweet beer that you might like.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should definitely try Redd's Apple Ale Black Cherry. I've tried a bunch of different drinks, but that's always my go to! The cans I get are 8.0% alcohol so you can decide.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Everclear.
    It's liquid fire.
    You gotta mix it with something, soda or whatever.
    It's by far the longest lasting alcohol you can get. Mostly because if you tried drinking the entire bottle, you'd die.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rum specifically captain morgan spiced rum. Mix it with coke or pepsi or any cola.

1|0
    0|0
  • I tried an amazing gin recently; but it's a bit pricy.
    http://www.dingledistillery.ie/gin/

Westcountry cider (not a brand, just cider from the west of England) is nice. Bulmers from Ireland is also good.

This one's not fizzy, and a little bit dangerous (7.3% ABV): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Rosie

1|0
    0|0
  • Whiskey. Neat, if possible. With some coke if you have a sweet tooth. Drink quality and not quantity and drink responsibly. Happy Birthday!

1|0
    0|0
  • If you are going to take poison into your body don't drink beer. It's not classy and it makes you fat, go with whiskey.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like my booze sweet.
    Cider
    Rum or Tequila mixed with fruit juices

1|0
    0|0
  • Jonny walker

1|0
    0|0
  • Light beer

1|0
    0|0
  • Rum Chata

0|0
    0|0
  • Orchata rum

1|0
    0|0
  • Wine

1|0
    0|0
  • a nice wine merlot or a white wine

1|0
    0|0
  • Buffalo Trace

1|0
    0|0
  • Stay sobber

0|0
    0|0
  • Wine if you have to do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beer

0|0
    0|0
  • Whiskey and coke

0|0
    0|0
  • Cognac may be.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have you tried vodka or tequila

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm with the other guy on this... light beer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow that sucks that the age is 21 in American here in Europe its around 18 or lower. I'd say start with something light maybe mixes. Cider, beer etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • A mix of nyquil and Rumple Minze. Or Goldschlager back-doored by Everclear.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Glenkinchie. Drink a measure of it (officially a quarter of a gill, 36 ml) straight from the bottle and at room temperature. Do not add anything to whisky. If you don't like it, drink something else. It doesn't get you drunk too quickly because it has a strong taste and you can't gulp it down like cola even if you want to. Stop after three and don't drink and drive.

1|0
    0|0
  • Go for something with low content, maybe like a light beer like Corona or Bublight Lime. Nothing too sugary,

1|0
    0|0
  • I'll be the downer and say maybe not drink it regularly so it becomes a problem. I myself haven't found any I like. Good luck though.

0|0
    0|0
  • no one likes a drunky slut

0|0
    0|0
    • And no one likes an insecure bitch. I'll be waiting for the "OMG I was joking" message from you

• Show All
    • Also does not take long to become a black out drunk, It took 3 of my friends a year or 2 xD

• Again, stay in your lane and go be a party pooper somewhere else. Better go check on your friends that I'm sure are getting white girl wasted xD

• Pure alcohol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes