If you eat only chicken, are you still a vegetarian? and why do vegetarians eat fish?

I had a vegetarian friend in high school who told me she eats chicken. How can you call yourself a vegetarian if you eat chicken?

And I never understood why vegetarians eat fish. Fish is also meat.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You are not a vegetarian if you eat chicken
    There are some semi vegiterisns who eat fish as you say they are sometimes referred to as pisceterians not sure why they consider fish alright but I guess it relates to their reasons for being vegetarian otherwise

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Truly they aren't vegetarians. A pesco pollo vegetarian avoids red meat but eats chicken and fish. These terms stretch the true definition of a vegetarian, and only the term semi-vegetarian is actually used with much frequency. A lacto ovo vegetarian diet excludes meat, fish, and poultry but includes dairy products and eggs.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Vegetarians don't eat fish. And also not if you eat chicken. Specially when you eat chicken because the way chickens live is one of the worse ways.

And eating fish has to do that living conditions of fish is not a real problem. With some exceptions. Death is part of life but the way we treat the animals we eat is terrible and that's because there is to much demand for what can be provided with decent life for the animals.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your friend isn't a vegetarian. She just likes the idea of being identified as one.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a bullshit idea anyway. Just eat what you want to eat. Get rid of the labels.

0|0
    0|0
  • Chicken and fish are meats, vegetarians don't eat meats.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's just another way of saying that you're omnivorous.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well that’s not a vegetarian then 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • bullshit as a being lie ;DDDDD

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• No she isn't vegetarian if she eat chicken. And your not vegetarian if you eat fish too. Some people stupidly think fish isn't meat.. It's kinda
    hypocritical. I think your friend just calls herself vegetarian because it make her feel better about herself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Eating chicken is not veggie. Chicken is a meat product so does not meet the standard definition of veggie.

Fish eaters are not veggie, either. They are pescatarian.

0|0
    0|0
  • A vegetarian doesn’t eat any meat. So no, you can’t eat chicken and be a vegetarian. Pescatarians eat fish, not vegetarians. Hope that helps

2|0
    0|0
  • I never got that either. Like when you say you don't eat animals aren't fish totally animals?

0|0
    0|0
    • And vegetarians are like “I don’t eat animals because they feel pain”. Well fish feel pain too. I don’t get it.

• She was DEFINITELY not a veggie. If you eat fish then you are a pescatarian.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're not a real vegetarian to me. I guess she just likes the label.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a hardcore non vegetarian.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's more pescitarian

0|0
    0|0
  • pescatarian is when people only eat fish.

0|0
    0|0
  • There telling you they don’t like your food vegetarian I know don’t eat chicken. However I am a vegatarian.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes