If you eat only chicken, are you still a vegetarian? and why do vegetarians eat fish?

I had a vegetarian friend in high school who told me she eats chicken. How can you call yourself a vegetarian if you eat chicken?

And I never understood why vegetarians eat fish. Fish is also meat.

119

Most Helpful Guy

• You are not a vegetarian if you eat chicken
    There are some semi vegiterisns who eat fish as you say they are sometimes referred to as pisceterians not sure why they consider fish alright but I guess it relates to their reasons for being vegetarian otherwise

Most Helpful Girl

• Truly they aren't vegetarians. A pesco pollo vegetarian avoids red meat but eats chicken and fish. These terms stretch the true definition of a vegetarian, and only the term semi-vegetarian is actually used with much frequency. A lacto ovo vegetarian diet excludes meat, fish, and poultry but includes dairy products and eggs.