Do you get allergic reactions to eating certain fruits?

How do you deal with it? Does peeling the skin off help?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Avocados and melon. Melons are pretty nasty anyways so that’s not a big deal. Avocados are fine if I add citrus or put them in something I am cooking. Lowering the pH or raising the temperature denatures the proteins in them that I am allergic to.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, luckily I don't have any allergic reactions to any kind of food.
    However, I used a new shower gel 2 weeks ago and it gave me insane skin rashes. It was really bad. I looked like I had some really serious contagious disease or something like that. I had to go to the pharmacy and get a special ointment because all the normal moistening creams didn't help. A few days ago, I used the shower gel one more time because I couldn't quite believe the rashes came from this (I had only used it twice). After just one shower, the rashes immediately came back. I still feel like they've put some very toxic chemicals into this product because I've never experienced anything like this before.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I’m not sure if I’m allergic to them. I was tested for allergies like 6 years ago, but I need to get retested. I have weird reactions to certain fruits such as bananas, oranges, strawberries, pineapple. But it depends on that specific fruit whether or not it bothers me. I get a weird feeling in my throat and it’s very uncomfortable.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have an allergy to anything edible, but I don't think removing the skin would lessen the effect

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Mainly Cherries, I still eat them if they're offered to me however I only eat up to 5, else I'll start feeling discomfort.

0|0
    0|0
  • As far as I know I'm no allergic to anything. I do have friends that are allergic to certain fruits and taking benedril helps them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope thank god
    I don't have any allergic reactions

0|0
    0|0
  • Im not allergic to any. I guess im lucky.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mango... tongue gets numb. I just don't eat them

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no allergies

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not yet.

0|0
    0|0
  • mangos

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• No but my ex is deathly allergic to raspberries and blackberries. If he has anything with them in it, he goes into anaphylactic shock

0|0
    0|0
  • Fortunately no

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes