How long would you expect a microwave to last?

We just got over 2 years out of this one and have a guess when the warranty ran out ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญHow long would you expect a microwave to last?
Updates:
And now our new microwave is faulty 😦

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• The one I have is from 1986. And still going strong. Use it daily.

1|0
    0|0
    • I know our one before that lasted for around 20 years my husband bought it when he first moved out of his parents house.

• All new appliances seem to be that way. We had a twenty year old refrigerator and stove we replaced and three years later both new ones broke.

• ๐Ÿ˜‚ This made me laugh thanks. My nana needed a microwave years ago back in 2012 and I bought a cheap one to fulfil its purpose and lord behold in 2018 its still working. I think is deawoe

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• The one we have at my dad's place has been working for at least 15 years. Of course that's been made before they started making electronics to fall apart after a few years to make more money. Mine has been working flawlessly for 3 years, I'm hoping to get at least a couple years more.

1|0
    0|0
  • The warranty expired either the day your microwave went down or the week before lol
    The new microwaves you're lucky to get a few years out of it.
    I inherited my grandma's microwave, the thing was a big as the fridge i swear but it lasted well over 20 years!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Interesting timing for this question.

My gal mentioned only yesterday that ours was making a strange noise. We've had it for about six years, I think?

If it goes, it goes. I didn't pay for it, a tenant left it behind, unused, which was one of the better freebies I've had!

But to answer your question, two years sounds pretty disappointing!

1|0
    0|0
  • Hello there. Have you replaced the microwave yet or do you still have it? P. m. me for more info. It might be sometihing really simple to fix.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how often you use it, so Iโ€™m not sure how to predict it. I donโ€™t remember the last time I needed a new one, though.

2|0
    0|0
  • 20 plus years if you clean it and don t bang the door hard when you close it you dont look 39 in your photo lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Just as long as the warranty goes. Any more is a bonus.

1|0
    0|0
  • Scarf-10/10

1|0
    0|0
  • If it's made in China: Warranty plus 1/2 day.

1|0
    0|0
  • couple years the least

1|0
    0|0
  • Ummm
    2005?

1|0
    0|0
  • Nice reflection

1|0
    0|0
  • 10 years?

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say probably say a good 2 to 3 years or more.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• 5 years. Some do, some dont. To think of it, I've never had one die on me though...

1|0
    0|0
  • I never use it

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes