Was this a hypocritical statement from a confectionary company?

Mars Inc the chocolate company who produces confections such as snickers, bounty, mars bar, milky way, juicy fruit etc has condemned the notion of a deep-fried mars bar. Mars inc wrote to the creators in Scotland who conceived the novlety of deep fried mars bar and said the product was not authorised and unendorsed.

They claim that "deep-frying one of our products would go against our commitment to promoting healthy, active lifestyles"

Given the products they create do you think this statement was hypocritical and a pot calling kettle black scenario? Or was their objection valid for someone adapting their product into something it wasn't intended to be?

http://www.BBC.com/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-19487149

Was this a hypocritical statement from a confectionary company?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• As my grandma always says... they ain’t got a pot to piss in to toss out the window.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol - like anything they produce can in any way be considered as an essential part of a healthy, balanced diet!

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Why why whyyy you had to ruin chocolate for me? 😣😣

0|2
    0|0
  • Yeah chocolate and potato chips
    Yummyyum so healthy👏 combined they make the maga ultra healthy snack
    But the world is just not ready for this great invention.. Yet

0|1
    0|0
  • Took them long enough to realise. I've tried the fried Snickers about 10 years ago. Gross but its not like Mars inc chocolate is healthy to begin with.

0|1
    0|0
  • They just don't want anyone else profiting using their stuff, I guess.

1|1
    0|0
  • Lol, when is a mars bar healthy to begin with?

2|1
    0|0
  • Most definitely.

0|1
    0|0
  • Laughable

0|1
    0|0
  • Lame lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes lol.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• Obviously, we are not talking about heath food but it is not unhealthy when eaten in small portions infrequently. This sounds like a publicity ploy to me.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's pure communication, it's like green washing, or nutellla saying that that a slice of bread with 2cm layer of nutella on top of it + a glass of milk is perfectly fine and healthy for your kid.
    They don't want to be associated with obesity diabetes and etc because nowadays you have to be healthy. That's why now in Murrica tomato sauce/ketchup on pizza is considered a vegetable.
    R
    Ô
    F
    L
    M
    A
    O

0|1
    0|0
  • I think whoever made that statement simply didn't think half a step ahead before they finished it. It comes off as too big of a lack in self-awareness.

0|1
    0|0
  • They're just secretly butthurt because they didn't come on the idea themselves.

0|1
    0|0
  • The healthy life style part, did sound hypocritical.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really. Because chocolate isn’t incredibly unhealthy for you. Deep fried mars bars are. I’d only try once but even then I bet it’s extremely addicting.

0|1
    0|0
  • "healthy active lifestyle"

Okay company that sells chocolate

1|1
    0|1
  • haha. hilariously hypocritical

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely hypocritical!

0|1
    0|0