Was this a hypocritical statement from a confectionary company?

Mars Inc the chocolate company who produces confections such as snickers, bounty, mars bar, milky way, juicy fruit etc has condemned the notion of a deep-fried mars bar. Mars inc wrote to the creators in Scotland who conceived the novlety of deep fried mars bar and said the product was not authorised and unendorsed.

They claim that "deep-frying one of our products would go against our commitment to promoting healthy, active lifestyles"

Given the products they create do you think this statement was hypocritical and a pot calling kettle black scenario? Or was their objection valid for someone adapting their product into something it wasn't intended to be?

http://www.BBC.com/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-19487149

1015

Most Helpful Girl

• As my grandma always says... they ain’t got a pot to piss in to toss out the window.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol - like anything they produce can in any way be considered as an essential part of a healthy, balanced diet!