How long do you wait to be served at a restaurant?

What's the longest you'd wait between entering a restaurant and getting served? How long is 'too long' to be waiting for food at a restaurant?How long do you wait to be served at a restaurant?

720

Most Helpful Guys

• Usually if I'm at a restaurant, it's either with my girlfriend, my family or friends. I'm a very patient person and don't mind waiting till my food arrives as I can pre-occupy my time with having conversations to the person (s) I'm with! It's understandable restaurants will sometimes get really busy or an employer may mess up on an order so I don't take it to heart. I would find it inexcusable if they don't update me on the progress of the order if it gets delayed.

The longest I've waited in a restaurant was 2 hours but that's understandable with a group of 30 people during my stepbrother's wedding dinner! With just a 2 person meal though, an hour and half was the longest I've waited because the waitress forgot we ordered so she gave me and my girlfriend a 50% discount for the wait. It's up to the person what they find to be too long but I'm sure most people wouldn't tolerate more than an hour at most depending on how busy the restaurant is.

• I'd say I get anixious after a half hour and want to ask about my meal in an hour after that we would be getting into walking out territory

Most Helpful Girl

• If I'm waiting an hour without any food at all, I'd get annoyed.