How long do you wait to be served at a restaurant?

What's the longest you'd wait between entering a restaurant and getting served? How long is 'too long' to be waiting for food at a restaurant?How long do you wait to be served at a restaurant?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Usually if I'm at a restaurant, it's either with my girlfriend, my family or friends. I'm a very patient person and don't mind waiting till my food arrives as I can pre-occupy my time with having conversations to the person (s) I'm with! It's understandable restaurants will sometimes get really busy or an employer may mess up on an order so I don't take it to heart. I would find it inexcusable if they don't update me on the progress of the order if it gets delayed.

The longest I've waited in a restaurant was 2 hours but that's understandable with a group of 30 people during my stepbrother's wedding dinner! With just a 2 person meal though, an hour and half was the longest I've waited because the waitress forgot we ordered so she gave me and my girlfriend a 50% discount for the wait. It's up to the person what they find to be too long but I'm sure most people wouldn't tolerate more than an hour at most depending on how busy the restaurant is.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say I get anixious after a half hour and want to ask about my meal in an hour after that we would be getting into walking out territory

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If I'm waiting an hour without any food at all, I'd get annoyed.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• I've known it to be above 60 min when the place was full. That was during the week end, when I was not in a hurry and having a good chat with friends or family.

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally the longer you wait, the bigger arsewhole you are, so if it's 20minutes, you are OK they like you, but if it's thirty five, the waiters don't like you Because you maybe an arsewhole.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll wait up to 20 minutes if it's a good restaurant, And I'll wait up to 40 minutes if it's one I really like and I'm on a date. Anything longer than that is too long.

0|0
    0|0
  • if I order best believe I am either waiting for my food or going back to cook it myself lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I waited around almost 40 minutes at a Denny's one time; and the place was almost empty. Bad service, but no big deal.

0|0
    0|0
  • An hour +
    I intend to nag after 30 minutes , but in a friendly way , and good manners

0|0
    0|0
  • I've waited an hour once.

I think 20 mins is too long for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I have to wait for more then 30 mins it's long

0|0
    0|0
    • But it depends on the order a before placing I usually ask how long.. If I am short on time then order instant stuff..
      But if I got time I order.. And ask time from waiter.. Just his estimate.. And Wait

• I'll wait 40 minutes. No service, I'm gone

0|0
    0|1
  • 45min

0|0
    0|0
  • I wait 30 minutes before I leave

0|0
    0|0
  • max 25 or i leave

0|0
    0|0
  • Upto 45 mins.
    Anything above 45 mins is too long

0|0
    0|0
  • hour tops

0|0
    0|0
  • 1 hour

0|0
    0|0
  • few mins

0|0
    0|0
  • All depends on the type of restaurant...

0|0
    0|0
  • till my food comes

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

Recommended myTakes