What's the strangest food you've ever tried?

What's the strangest food you've ever tried?
For me personally, it's probably goat brain (I had no idea at the time and even asked for seconds)

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• I never tried any exotic food but hopefully Fermented beans and fish from Japan and Scandinavia. We have the duck embryo inside an egg here and Shrimp paste with strong smell when open the jar of it. Or a bull's testicles or penis. It's more than a delicacy here. Or snake dunked in wine.

1|0
    0|0
    • Isn't that called balut? (The duck embryo) I'm not sure I would ever try it but I've always been interested in it regardless. Where are you from?

• Show All
    • Wow really? I've never heard of insects on sushi before😆

Well that's something new I've learnt today haha
      I love Japan 🇯🇵

• same! Japan is awesome!

Most Helpful Girls

• i grew up eating balut (boiled bird embryo) and dinuguan (pork blood stew) and i love them

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably ram's testicles in sour gelatine. Honorable mention to fermented/rotten shark, a whole sheep's head thrown into a cooking pot, sour whale blubber, cat food, pig's meat in sour gelatine, and sausage made of sheep intestines, eaten cold, combined with sweet rice pudding.

Most of it was disgusting.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

What Girls Said 8

• In Austria I ate fried pieces of the organ that calves have that digests milk. I didn't know thats what it was, but it just tasted like chicken.

1|0
    0|0
  • Banana flower. I even checked many recipes to cook it right.

Tasted like banana peel that you forgot to remove as a kid

1|0
    0|0
  • Chicken heart, it was good

1|0
    0|0
    • I've tried that too! Only it mustn't have been cooked properly or something because I literally thought someone put a rubber (or 'eraser' in some countries) in my rice so I spat it out immediately.

• Zebra.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably either escargot or fried rattlesnake.

1|0
    0|1
  • Oysters 🤮🤮🤮

1|0
    0|0
  • I've tasted shark. Wasn't really a fan.

1|0
    0|0
  • Beef liver

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes