Why are people so dependent on coffee?

How were people coping with their responsibilities without the influence of coffee before it was invented? Why are people spoiling themselves now saying they can't without it? And i do work and school and never felt like i need coffee. I've tried it but it still leaves me sleepy... so, so far for me i can go without it. But if i can then why can't anyone else?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Well!
    coffee is a tasty drink at the same time it is delicious too. People from all over the world like a delicious cup of coffee.

A delicious cup of coffee will definitely help you to boost your work. According to some people coffee is an art. It has so many health benefits too.
    Coffee reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, great source of antioxidants, coffee makes you more intelligent and so other health benefits. I think that is why people from all over the world like to drink coffee everyday.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because back in the day you didn't sit on your ass all day in a classroom or cube under artificial light eating god knows what preserved, high-fat, high-sugar, garbage food.

You woke up with the sun, ate what you grew, then busted your ass until the sun went down. Then you went to sleep because you're tired AF, got 8+ hours, and repeated it the next day.

Now we need chemicals to counter-act our new lifestyle and the other chemicals that are added to "food". Also because good coffee tastes awesome, but that's just a small part of it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest, I thought exactly the same at 19. I escaped coffee until 21, but that last year of college overwhelmed me, and the only way I would get through days of no having time to even eat (I would fall asleep first) was coffee.

Wheb you grow up, the quality of sleep decreases. And it's not one or two nights. When you're regurlarly sleeping 4-6 hours daily, you need something else. That's coffee.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Cuz it's a drug it's in it's a strong drug man you know cocaine well cocoa bean also makes coffee my dad used to say if we didn't have coffee the world would stop I can't drink at man when our up boom crash

0|0
    0|0
  • Coffee is not good. Over the long term, coffee causes sleeping disorders and elevated stress levels. Stress increases the likelihood of high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke, and accelerated aging.

0|0
    0|0
  • I drink a lot of coffee and have never been dependent on it. I don't understand.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because caffeine has useful effects and is mildly addictive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Caffeine is a hardcore drug, my fentanyl addiction couldn't hold a csndle to my caffeine addiction.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because a lot of people don't get the proper amount of sleep

0|0
    0|0
  • used to be dependant on coffee
    gave up over night

0|0
    0|0
  • Because caffeine is an addictive drug?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a addiction

0|0
    0|0
  • Because people are different

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they started using it and developed an addition to caffeine. I never drank coffee and I don't need it.

1|0
    0|0
  • They mix something else inside it.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• I only drink decaf as I have serious heart palpitations and feel sick just with a small amount of caffeine. I think after years of avoiding caffeine in medicine and drinks my body can handle even one weak coffee.

0|0
    0|0
  • People can't even remember or imagine when caffeine wasn't a thing. Its a drug. But its one society accepts as beverage

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not dependent on coffee, but I enjoy a cup in the morning.

0|0
    0|0
  • I drink coffee everyday, and kinda dependent too on coffee

0|0
    0|0
  • They were addicted to green and black tea before coffee was invented.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not, but I guess some are addicted to it

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. I don't like coffee

0|0
    0|0
  • Cz they dont sleep

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes