Is vanilla ice cream where you live pure white or vanilla color?

I've noticed that vanilla ice cream is always white in American videos. I have never seen white vanilla ice cream where I live or in other countries I've visited. American thing? I find it kinda weird.

63

Most Helpful Guy

• It usually depends on the use, or not, of egg yolks when making the ice cream. Egg yolks bring the yellow tinge. Without egg yolks it's white.

• True, but I think most of the time the producers actually dye it.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's pretty white here in Finland. At least the ones made from Finnish milk. There's like a tiny hint of yellow, but would still call it mostly white. I don't know what American vanilla ice cream looks like.