Do you like Tofu?

Do you like Tofu?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I love it. There are countless ways to prepare all the different kinds of it. I eat tofu weekly, one way or another.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No. I find it bland and unappetising. Every time someone does a recipe where it's meant to "take on the flavor of the dish" it doesn't.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• Heck no

0|1
    1|0
  • I only like the hard fermented kind that is brown and rough and shaped like tough and thing squares. I don't eat other forms tofu unless it is flavoured - usually it has to have some kind of meat for me to eat it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't entirely trust it. It is like this weird brick of white rubber.

0|1
    1|0
  • Nope. The taste is fine but every time I've had it, it's just been too sponge-y and gross.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have never tried😢what does it taste like?

0|1
    0|0
  • Never had it... what’s it taste like?

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like them lightly fried

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t like tofu
    It has a weird texture

0|1
    0|1
  • You can already guess what I have to say

1|1
    1|0
  • Eww no

0|1
    0|0
  • gurl no but my boyfriend does

0|1
    0|0
  • I like it. The soft one especially

0|1
    0|0
  • I hate it, it taste so weird ><

0|1
    1|0
  • Yes, but you can't really taste it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course yes

0|1
    0|0
  • No it doesn't agree with my insides

0|1
    1|0

What Guys Said 15

• Mmh... it's alright. I'm not a big fan of it but I don't mind it either.

However, I will only eat tofu in dishes where it's naturally used (mostly East Asian cuisine). I certainly won't eat a tofu bratwurst for the sake of not eating a real one. I think that's pretty stupid. Either eat a bratwurst or don't eat one but abusing tofu as meat alternative is pretty sad. It deserves better than that.

0|1
    1|0
    • So, a vegetarian like myself should not eat tofu wurst because... why?

• Show All
    • Some don't taste like meat at all, others come very close. And I mean very close. But that's not even the point. A tofu sausage for instance, doesn't have to taste exactly like a meat sausage. It's basically just a certain shape and certain flavors and certain textures. The point of it is to eat food that tastes good but isn't made of dead animals. That's literally the whole point.

I don't understand your reasoning. The moment lab grown meat hits the markets, I will consume it. Because no animal had to die for it. And I see no conflict or morals in eating anything that resembles meat. Most meat eaters don't make a connection between meat and the animals it comes from.

And who said I don't care about ecological reasons? I do. It's just that my main reason is that I don't want animals to be killed for my food.

• *conflict of morals

• A haiku about tofu:

Tofu, you bastard!
    Kool-aid drinkers are all fooled.
    but I know you suck.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t eat it plain like that; some Chinese meals have it and it’s mixed with meat and spices

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like it or hate it because it is tasteless crap unless you do a lot with it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not really that familiar with it, what is it some type of a candy?

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, you can cook it with anything or season it with anything to taste good.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • NO. SOY. BAD.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really my thing. It is a sometimes food.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like it in pad thai

0|1
    0|0
  • Nopers

0|1
    0|0
  • I never tried it but I don't think I'd like it

0|1
    0|0
  • I eat it since I was a child