Do you enjoy korean bbq?

What do you think of korean bbq?
Do you enjoy it?
Why/why not?
Which meats do you like to cook there?Do you enjoy korean bbq?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Never tried it
    Vote C

1420

Most Helpful Guys

• as much as i like kbbq, as an Asian i think a lot of kbbq places and even other Asian restaurants at the city aren't that great here at NYC. most places altered their recipes more or less trying to cater to non Asians or at some places, the meat is really bland, and sometimes i just feel like non-asian peoples won't be able to truly experience the food of the culture. also because of it, i just feel like it's such a shame and a let down when i go to these places with non-asian friends and they tell me the food isn't great or had better elsewhere. i also don't like how they use electric grills, it's just so much better when they use firewood for kbbq like some of the places at Queens, NY. but there is only a few kbbq places here that use firewood for kbbq.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • There is no korean BBQ in my country.
    I do love the idea of flipping and poking my own meat, but it seems like it would be super inefficient economically to do that at a restaurant.

I just grill outside or on an electric teppanyaki.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girls

• I love it but I don't go very often cause most of my friends can't afford it or don't enjoy eating it and Korean barbecues won't light up the grill unless you bring a minimum of 2 people to the restaurant.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Heck yeah! Just word of advice for those who haven't tried it before: you will smell like barbecued meat afterwards, especially if it's an indoor place. Also, try to go with a friend who knows how it works so you can learn the ropes from them. It's fun! Some places offer all-you-can-eat specials so check in advance but be warned, most of them require that you finish all of your food. Any leftovers will incur charges. This is to dissuade people from wasting food.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE