When out in a bar type environment, would you let a person buy you a drink if you weren’t interested in them?

I donโ€™t accept drinks from people unless Iโ€™ve bought them a drink first, or Iโ€™m interested in knowing them better.

2868

Most Helpful Guys

• Sure. Might be a Japanese thing but seems incredibly rude to me to simply refuse the offer unless you come up with some excuse like that you've had too much to drink or something like that (at which point you'd have to leave after finishing your drink).

That said, most of the people who buy me drinks are guys, not girls, and I try to repay them by buying them a round in the future. It's pretty rare for a girl to buy me a drink.

Plus anyone who buys me a drink will tend to spark some interest in me, even if I didn't particularly like them before. :-D

It might also be due to the type of bars I go to now. I favor small and cozy ones these days where you always see regular customers there hanging out after work, always the same faces and just a new one here and there. So if I refused a drink from a new person or someone I didn't particularly like, chances are that I would see them again and again as a regular, and it would be kind of awkward.

• Yeah, girls buy me drinks all the time and then try to take me their beds, but i just tell them "what just because you got me a drink you thought you were going to get sex out of it? I never asked you to buy me a drink in the first place". Yeah, a lot of them get piss, but i got my free drink and i'm happy.

Most Helpful Girls

• I know it's horrible but I do let people buy me drinks even if I'm not interested in them. Mind you, that doesn't happen very often. If they buy me a drink, I'll give them a chance and stick around for a chat. I'm not that ungrateful that I would just walk away with the drink.

• I've let my male friends buy me drinks at the bar before and I'm not interested in most of them but I trust them not to but anything in my drink.

But if it was a stranger no way unless I can get the drink from the bar with them, I know it sounds bad but I kinda think theses men need to learn their lesson but I will talk to them and be friendly but just because you voluntarily bought me a drink doesn't mean you get to sleep with me, I'm not that cheap.