How would you feel if you made someone food and they didn't eat it?

How would you feel if you made someone food and they didn't eat it?

3|2

Most Helpful Girls

• Completely offended and saddened! Especially if it's something I worked very hard on preparing or it was expensive. This is why whenever I enter someone's home and they show me hospitality, I will usually have a little of whatever they are offering me to eat to show respect and gratitude.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would feel really bad if it's something I didn't know they didn't like and I would offer them something else. But if it's like I made them cookies or something and they just gave it away or threw it away I guess I'd be a bit offended but then again I'm not the best chef so it's understandable 😂

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I would not blame them, I'm not a good cook yet. One time I took a bunch of onions and peppers and over cooked them in oil and threw them on a ready bake pizza, the good kind. But none the less they were dripping with oil when I pulled it out of the oven. I would feel bad if someone ate it but I ate it and I'm sure my body was unhappy :(

0|1
    0|0
  • Eh, a bit disappointed, for sure, but I can't reasonably expect someone to eat something I made. It's not right to expect that.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 34

• @Toad-1 it has happened to me. I made a huge dinner for some family one time. It was for their birthday I told them to not eat anything ahead of time and come to find out, the cousin had already had a brunch a few hours that day, to celebrate before coming to my house. I was hurt. I gave her a dog bag to go later and vowed never again. I am a good cook but I don't always have the time so when anyone can get it, get it while it is hot

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t be massively hurt, but I was always taught to eat what is given to you whether you like it or not. I know my partner has eaten things I have cooked in the earlier stages of our relationship out of politeness. He finally confessed and we laughed over it.

1|1
    0|0
  • Put it in the fridge and eat next day.

My in laws came to my house and they left 50 percent of the food on the plate.
    Now we are very poor.
    So I gathered all the food and put it in a tray and ate it next day with my partner.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't really care tbh. I am VERY picky and try to eat healthy most of the time and so I understand not wanting to eat something and I know it's not personal, it's just people have different reasons not to eat certain foods. It's not like someone's going to not eat my food just to hurt me, they'll have a reason that has to do with the food (or my cooking skills, which I completely understand😂😂)

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably upset. They should at least taste it, if they're not going to eat the whole thing. I would like if they said, they'll wrap it up & eat it later.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd understand because I am a bad eater myself. Not everything has something to do with your cooking, but it might be the receiver that just has problems with food

0|1
    0|0
  • Happens all the time with my husband. It hurts but I'm over it at this point

0|1
    0|0
  • If It was something easy to make, I wouldn’t be offended. If I spent all day cooking for them and they wouldn’t even taste it... I’d be upset.

0|2
    0|0
  • I would literally rip their mouths open and force it down their esophagus like for real do you know how much time I spent in the kitchen cooking a pile of shit and you just don't eat it?

0|2
    1|1
  • I'm a culinary student, so most of the time I get frustrated because I am a good cook and to not even sample it... it hurts.
    But I have been told that "90% of [my] food is retarded." So there's that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m kind of a picky eater so I tell people to not take it too personal

0|1
    0|0
  • If it’s a quick cook I can eat it myself but special-for-you they at least better try and tell me it’s not good

0|2
    0|0
  • Well, I've never made anything for anyone, expect lemonade. I can only cook scrambled eggs.

0|2
    0|0
  • Hurt. I went out of my way to make them a cake, they should at least have one slice. 🙄

1|1
    0|0
  • I would feel sad because I prepared a food and she/he didn't like it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm usually the one people made food for.

0|1
    0|0
  • More food for me 😋

1|2
    0|1
  • I'm not a good cook so I'd understand lmfao

0|1
    0|0
  • Fine because I know my food is awful lol

0|2
    0|0
  • I would be sad coz i made all the efforts for them

1|1
    0|0
  • If they didn't ask for it, I won't be too upset.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hurt

0|1
    0|0
  • That am probably not a good cook

0|2
    0|0
  • Broken 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • I would be sad... no joke

0|1
    0|0
  • I might cry 😥

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't mind

0|1
    0|0
  • I would be hurt.

0|1
    0|0
  • That would never happen

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 23

• Upset and rather pissed off.
    I had that happen before with homemade zuchinni bread, baked a loaf or two of it Thanksgiving a couple years ago and maybe one person had some

0|1
    0|0
  • Initially I'd feel a little sad, but in the end, everyone has different tastes and I'm not a 5 star cook.
    Plus, it gives me a free pass to not eat something that they cook me in the future :P

0|1
    0|0
  • Nothing. I don't care. I hate men/ women who throw fits when I don't eat their food. You made food, big fucking deal. It means nothing to me I could do it myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not too bad everyone has that one thing that they just won't eat. For me it's raw tomatoes and beetroot.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd be happy to eat it myself. Although I'd be pretty butt hurt if they ate some and wasted the rest.

0|1
    0|0
  • That'd be the last time I'd be making their ungrateful ass anything, lol. Unless I really fucked up, eat it!

0|1
    0|0
  • A bit disappointed but I'll be understanding about it

1|1
    0|0
  • Are they being rude? They might just not feel like eating or maby they just dont like what was made and dont wanna be rude

0|1
    0|0
  • so what?

I'd respect their choice
    and eat it as leftovers.

if someone doesn't like food
    I can't force em to eat it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh i have made food before and no one ate it, i felt betrayed about the whole situation.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd kill them, then and there. No one disrespects my goddamn food.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd be sad. But then I'd be happy cause I'd get to eat it all by myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • That’s fine, more for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sad that they didn’t ingest the poison

1|1
    0|0
  • Its sad

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh well. No more food from me, for them.

0|1
    0|0
  • More for me

0|1
    0|0
  • Save their portion for myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Like a typical parent.

0|1
    0|0
  • Disappointed