Do The Surroundings Affect Your Food Experience?

I'm wondering if your surroundings like sounds, smells and the way the room looks like affects how enjoyable the meal is and how it's tasting. For me the foods tastes better when it's not too noisy, bad smells or an ugly room I sits in. #Food #FoodExperiences
Food! <3
Food! <3
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Sounds does
    Vote C
  • Smells does
    Vote D
  • How the room/place looks like does
    Vote E
  • Other (Explain what and why)
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• They say that you first eat with your eyes. What you see, hear, smell all contribute to the experience.

0|1
    0|0
  • I get Annoyed when Hear the Noise of Kids Crying and Messing Around. xx

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• If I remember correctly 30% of flavor comes straight from scent. Scents can distort the taste of good food. So smells other than the food bother me. Sounds don't bother me too much but at the same time my sensory functions are usually focused more on the conversation if one is going on than the taste of the food so in that sense it's reasonable to guess that a quiet environment heightens the sense of taste you experience.

0|1
    0|0
  • A pleasant atmosphere is important to enjoying a meal. An attractive interior complementary tot he menu makes the food fee more authentic. Some restaurants such steak houses usually are lower lights with emphasis on well made drinks. If the noise is so loud that you can't catty on a conversation they I will usually not come back.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• Yes, it definitely does. The eye wants a feast as well 😋

0|1
    1|0
  • For me it don't make any change at all, when I eat I can focus on my food completely and forget everything around me easily.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course it does. That's why no one eats in the toilet.

0|1
    1|0
  • yes I agree like the noise, and if there's people I dont like

0|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely. Wouldn't really be able to enjoy food in a dirty smelly place.

0|1
    1|0
  • I think so. I don't like eating in large groups or in a crowded place

0|1
    0|0
  • Alottt when i see a fucking fridge i can't not eat bro.

0|0
    1|0
  • Yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah it does

0|1
    0|0
  • my mood

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• the smell of cigarette smoke and weed is so unbelievably disgusting that I lose my appetite for hours after smelling one of those disgusting things and the equally smell infested cretin attached to it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Quite so
    The food experience goes well beyond the taste
    Noisy environment detracts
    Other odours interfering detracts
    And yes even the surroundings can detract or enhance
    Nice company can enhance
    A visually pleasing presentation can enhance
    Many things effect the experience

0|1
    0|0
  • The experience boosts your enjoyment of food but it doesn't change the taste. If you're in a good mood you're more likely to view another experience in a more positive light and same with the negative.

0|1
    0|0
  • If there was a bad smell, ugly place, crowded then I wouldn't enjoy my food. If it's noisy then i would still enjoy my food but I would prefer a quiet environment...

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes they most definitely do. If it smells like garbage in the background, then I most likely won't enjoy the food as your smell is related to your taste.

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely, airlines don't make flavourless shit on purpose :p. It's the cabin air which dulls your senses.

0|1
    0|0
  • It is a fact that your senses work together so the same food will not tast half as good if it smells really really bad compared to a scent you like

0|1
    0|0
  • They all have an influence. Eating outdoors is quite different, and requires a different menu.

0|1
    0|0
  • I enjoy my food most when im alone in a private, quiet comfy environment.

I don't like crowds or loud noise and it undermines the experience

0|1
    0|0
  • no if I like the food I don't give a fuck,
    once I have a beer I'm good

0|1
    0|0
  • Mostly just sound because my nose doesn’t work that well and my eyes and mind are on my food. lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't care as long don't stare at me cause I'm quick eater all ways been

0|1
    0|0
  • *tastes the rainbow*

0|1
    0|0
  • The smell does affect.

0|1
    0|0
  • No..