Do The Surroundings Affect Your Food Experience?

I'm wondering if your surroundings like sounds, smells and the way the room looks like affects how enjoyable the meal is and how it's tasting. For me the foods tastes better when it's not too noisy, bad smells or an ugly room I sits in. #Food #FoodExperiences
Food! <3
Food! <3
  • Yes
  • No
  • Sounds does
    Vote C
  • Smells does
    Vote D
  • How the room/place looks like does
    Vote E
  • Other (Explain what and why)
    Vote F

1218

Most Helpful Girls

• They say that you first eat with your eyes. What you see, hear, smell all contribute to the experience.

• I get Annoyed when Hear the Noise of Kids Crying and Messing Around. xx

Most Helpful Guys

• If I remember correctly 30% of flavor comes straight from scent. Scents can distort the taste of good food. So smells other than the food bother me. Sounds don't bother me too much but at the same time my sensory functions are usually focused more on the conversation if one is going on than the taste of the food so in that sense it's reasonable to guess that a quiet environment heightens the sense of taste you experience.

• A pleasant atmosphere is important to enjoying a meal. An attractive interior complementary tot he menu makes the food fee more authentic. Some restaurants such steak houses usually are lower lights with emphasis on well made drinks. If the noise is so loud that you can't catty on a conversation they I will usually not come back.