Which diets do you think are best?

No dairy?
No meat?
Low carbs?
Balanced?
Slimming diets e. g. Slimming World?
Raw food?
Lots of sugar?
Intermittent fasting?
Etc.

73

Most Helpful Girl

• Whole food plant-based is the best. No animal products of any kind. It's the most ethical, most environmentally friendly, and healthiest diet to be on. I know because I ate animal products for 22 years of my life and it made me sick. Been on a plant-based diet for 4 months and the difference is like night and day. Feeling better than I've ever felt.

The animals you eat don't naturally have those nutrients in their bodies, they have to get them from outside sources, as do we. So eating meat, you're eating recycled plants. It's pretty wasteful when you can just eat fruits, veggies, grains, beans, and seeds and get all of your nutrients directly from the source without intaking the insane amounts of cholesterol which you do when you eat meat. Cholesterol clogs your arteries and can cause heart disease.
    Some Info on how environmentally destructive animal agriculture is: http://www.cowspiracy.com/facts/
    www.onegreenplanet.org/.../

• Someone should go tell the Inuit to stop eating meat and eat more plants.

• Thanks! It's really kind of them!

• No problem! Yeah, vegans are actually a super nice group of people! We welcome everyone!

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends on the purpose of the diet. Some diets relate to health issues and as such they have to be very specific.

If we're talking about a healthy person who is dieting purely for weight loss then it would still depend on what their goal was. If it was a short term fix for a particular occasion (a wedding, etc) then low carb could work as could some of the fad diets of which there have been millions.

If we're talking about a lifestyle change then it has to be realistic and sustainable and there more extreme the diet the less likely those things are. So you'd be better off limiting rather than eliminating. You'd also be wise to replace some of the more shitty elements of your diet with elements that bring a better nutritional balance. Then you'd also want to be bringing in some form of weekly exercise, preferably doing an activity that you also enjoy.