Is it a requirement for your partner to know how to cook?

Or are you ok with them not knowing how to cook? Is cooking for someone a way to someone’s heart?

Personally, I don’t know how to cook for shit. And let’s not talk about my baking skills (I’ve made brownies that came out hard as rocks😂).

So is it a requirement for your partner to know how to cook? Deal breaker if they don’t?

4395

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not necessarily a deal breaker, but preferable.
    There's "know how to cook" and there's "able to put knowledge to work". I KNOW how to make the best cake, period. I KNOW how to cook a lobster. I KNOW.
    Putting knowledge to work, however, is different.
    My favorite example is my latest attempt at cooking - a simple poverty dish: some meat, eggs, veggies, spice, salt, and black pepper. Throw everything on a pre-buttered frying pan, medium-low fire, wait ten-ish minutes, serve.
    ...
    ...
    It exploded. I'm not kidding you, it fucking EXPLODED. I don't know how. I don't know why. I went to take a piss, came back thirty seconds later, saw it blown like a balloon, managed to utter "oh fuck me", and it exploded. There were light burns, but no scars, thankfully. I had to use a broom on my ceiling to get it off. How many of you used a broom on your ceiling without the need to signal your neighbors upstairs to shut the hell up? Not too many, I imagine.

I don't mind if she doesn't know how to cook, I can teach her some basic recipes. What I would prefer is that she'd be able to actually put it into practice.
    I need a wife to keep me fed. T-T