How much do you eat in a day?

As in how many meals and how many snacks. How much do you eat in a day?

38

Most Helpful Guy

• I usually only have one meal a day. What the fuck is wrong with me? nothing, I'm actually more healthy than most.

Humans are build to graze and eat all day in small amounts. It's how we evolved! However, if we don't eat for a while, our body tends to think, "I need to store food! we might not get some for a while!" and transform an unnecessary portion of your meal into fat. Cool biology stuff.

So why do I only eat one meal a day? Wouldn't that make you fate AND hungry?

No. Actually, I eat very very frequently -- in small amounts. I eat properly as human bodies were designed: small amounts, often. The only reason I even have a proper meal is because in society, dinner is a thing that exists and I therefore eat it.

I actually had a friend that lost twenty pounds simply by following this strategy and doing mild exercise every day. Like, he went for walks. He went for fucking walks and ate all the time, and lost twenty pounds of fat. Cool stuff!

This issue with trying to implement the natural eating style is that most snack-type foods in Western culture are unhealthy as hell. So what is my recommendation?

If you want to goal the whole nine years, do exactly what I just described and also watch/read "In Defense of Food" (book and also a short documentary. Literally, not exaggerating, changed my life). That will give all the information you need for choosing healthy food while keeping it ridiculously simple. No need to worry about nutrients and blah blah, it literally sums up its whole message in seven words.

If you don't want to change your lifestyle, I suggest eating smaller meals and adding in healthy snacks between. You don't need to consume less food (unless you're over-eating), just spread it out a little. It doesn't sound like it helps much, but trust me when I say that it makes a world of difference. I also suggest "In Defense of Food".

If you're saying, "Toby. What the fuck are you on? Ancient biology evolution shit? I'm asking about how many meals to eat in a day not the meaning of life!" then I suggest just watching "In Defense of Food" and internalizing it (especially their seven words to live by).

Cheers.

Most Helpful Girl

• I eat cereal for breakfast and lunch and dinner... eat few cookies between lunch and dinner... I only started eating this much this month... I used to have one meal for a day before and barely snacked 😬 I'm trying to be healthier now... but my meals are still pretty small...