Do you ever feel self-conscious and/or uncomfortable eating in public?

Do you ever feel self-conscious and/or uncomfortable eating in public?

The look on that guys face is why you dont eat chocolate covered bananas in public
The look on that guys face is why you dont eat chocolate covered bananas in public

2|2

Most Helpful Girls

• Yep. I’m a really clumsy person and it translates into how I eat. Ironic, since I’m super well mannered. I’ve also been told when I eat food it looks like I’m deepthroating (not on purpose, I have a very small gag reflex so I don’t really feel the food I guess) so that’s embarrassing.

0|2
    0|0
  • Lmao who even eats like that?

But yes, I do feel self conscious eating in public. 1. Because I eat weird as hell. I smell my food before eating it. I have to turn my burgers in circles before biting them. Like I'm just a strange ass eater. 2. Because I'm a chubs that used to be even chubbier and people like to gawk at you. I've gotten a lot better tho and just don't care most of the time now, but I still have my moments.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Depends on the place that I'm at. If I'm at a restaurant, it's not problem. If I'm sitting on a bench somewhere, it's usually also fine unless there's a lot of people passing by.
    What I do find extremely uncomfortable is eating on a train. I'm a commuter, so it happens from time to time that I eat my lunch on the train. In Switzerland, the seats in trains are arranged to face each other, in groups of four. And because trains in Switzerland tend to be very full because lots of people commute this way, it's almost certain that you're going to sit right across from some other person, who will then stare you in the eyes for your whole lunch. That's always a bit of a torture.

It also matters if I'm together with someone else or not though. If I'm together with someone else and I can talk, I'm usually distracted and the awkward feelings doesn't become too strong. But whenever I'm on my own, it's very difficult to bear. Especially if there are three other people sitting in my compartment and none of them is eating.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• Yes especially when I’m eating something messy like an icecream that’s dripping or a pie that’s crumbling as I take every bite ! Haha I don’t know how 😂 but I always make a mess when I eat in front of many people. I think i try too hard not to mess 😂 and then I end up messing anyways

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really, except when people keep talking to me and staring while waiting for my to finish chewing so I'll answer.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, if I eat something penisshaped, like a banana, I make full eye contact and take big bites if someone is looking at me. That's a lot of fun.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never. Actually, a little shy on a first date. I pick at a salad. lol

0|1
    0|0
  • LMAO that last picture.

Only If its something messy like chicken wings or ribs.

Other than that I don't care. Hell, I even make eye contact 😂😂

0|1
    0|0
  • Never. I wouldn’t let another persons dirty mind effect my ability to get my grub on😊

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I just eat. If you don't like how I eat you shouldn't be staring at me like a weird-ass.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nah, not really. I don't really think of people around me when I'm eating, just enjoying myself :P

0|1
    0|0
  • Hahaha no. A good food ia a good food. Even if you're sitting across future spouse 😊

0|1
    0|0
  • Lmao 😂 I especially love to lick ice cream in public

0|1
    0|0
  • Never, when I eat I focus on what I'm eating not people around me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I avoid eating melted chocolate in public because it makes me messy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really

0|1
    0|0
  • when eating burgers yeah, i feel like a mess.

0|1
    0|0
  • lol. i don't eat stuff like that, so no.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on what I’m eating lol

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 19

• i don't worry about phallic shaped food items. i do sometimes feel self-conscious eating something messy like saucy chicken wings or something like that

0|1
    0|0
  • Only if I was one of the people in those photographs...

1|1
    0|0
  • No. Why should I feel self-conscious about other people's hangups?

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I don't. Because I'm an adult with good table/eating manners & don't give a fuck about people scrutinizing my eating habits.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, but I don't usually eat penis-shaped food in public either.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on where I am eating in public. You can't help sometimes feeling like a loser if you are all alone in a restaurant eating.

0|1
    0|0
  • I sort of am now but didn't used to be. And I don't like people watching and smiling.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope, not so far...

0|1
    0|0
  • who cares what others think

0|1
    0|0
  • Anything dick shaped

0|2
    0|0
  • Naw. The bottom pic is a doozy. Suck baby, suck!!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes

0|1
    0|0
  • No..

0|1
    0|0
  • some times.

0|1
    0|0
  • a little bit

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope never feel uncomfortable eating in public.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • No..

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes