My roommate, Vanessa, thinks splitting the check evenly makes more sense than paying for what you ordered. What do you think?

• Vanessa has the right idea, despite being a pinko commie.
    Vote A
  • It depends on the situation, though I don't think I'd have dinner with Vanessa, regardless.
    Vote B
  • What the fuck, Vanessa? That makes no sense. Are you on drugs? I thought we talked about this. Don't go down this road again. We can get you the help you need.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• It really depends, if I'm out with friends and were all eating the same foid i. e. sharing apps, tasting there food etc and having roughly equal drinks than sure, split it evenly. I'm not worried about the 5-10 that I might have paid less or maybe this time it will be in my favor. But if I'm just eating a salad and having water and someone orders a ribeye and 3 cocktails, no way in hell I'm splitting the check. Obviously that's a massive difference though, that's a $50 tab compared to a $15.

0|0
    0|0
  • I disagree.

Pay for your own, especially if I've had something small, whilst the other has lost their mind over a buffet.

0|1
    0|0
  • This rule is not advantageous for vegetarians and vegans or people who have small appetites or who don't feel like eating much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Makes no sense, that means you can order the most expensive things on the menu and have the other person pay. Each to there own is the most fair.

1|1
    0|0
  • Everybody thinks this is a good idea until one person gets a soup and the other gets a 30 dollar steak.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure if she has a less expensive meal than I do... lol

0|3
    0|0
  • It’s easier but not necessarily right especially if one party orders more than the other

1|0
    0|0
  • No.. each one should pay for what he ordered

1|2
    0|0
  • Sorry.. Was wrong about the roommate thing...

0|0
    0|0
  • Seriously

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s proper etiquette to do that

0|0
    0|0
    • Proper etiquette, ha! More like an old con

• @BeenShook Well it’s old school so I guess the younger generation doesn’t believe in that anymore

What Girls Said 3

• Had a friend like that. She would order expensive stuff and would drink like a fish. Splitting the check ends up beneficial for one and screws the other. You tell the server you want 2 checks before you order anything. They know to split it accordingly.

2|0
    0|0
  • I would just pay for what you ordered (not splitting the check). She might of ordered something expensive and now you are half paying for it. It isn’t fair

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how big the price difference is

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes