When you eat out - do you like to try new foods , or do you always order the same thing?

When you eat out - do you like to try new foods , or do you always order the same thing?

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I try new stuff. Life is an adventure, live it, try new things.
    The only way to know if you like or dislike something is to try it.
    I know for sure what I do not like. There are some things are okay if that's all they have. Some things I have tried I wish I could get more of.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like a little bit of both, if there is kind of the same menu or same assortment of restaurants I will go for what I know to be safe based on what I am in the mood for or where I am at, but I love trying new things and if a restaurant looks good I might try it out or if a new menu item pops up as long as they don't make it over the top expensive I will give it a go

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for the MHG!!! How about you, do stick with what you know or go with something new?

Most Helpful Girls

• I guess it depends how often I eat it and what kind of food it is. For example when I go to Mcdonalds I always order chicken nuggets because its one of the few things I can eat on my diet that isn't messy when I try to dip it. When I go to Moxies I vary between 3-5 different dishes and when I eat at a European restaurant I usually get the same thing over and over again cause its tasty and one of the cheapest items on their menu.

0|0
    0|0
  • A little of both. When you think of someplace that sounds good to you, your taste buds and mind recall what you had last time that tasted so good. So it is logical to order the same thing that tasted so good last time. But good to branch out.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 67

• Mostly order the same thing, unless I find something that seems like a safe pick.

To be fair though, the only things I would ever eat on a day out are pizza and sushi, and with those it really just boils down to picking the ingredients I know I like.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll try new foods as long as it has the same ingredients.
    Like I had baked potato skins (which is baked potatoes with sour cream and bacon) and they weren't bad.
    And I had meatball sliders and buffalo chicken tenders and O MY FUCKING GOD WERE THOSE FUCKING BUFFALO FUCKING CHICKEN FUCKING TENDERS FUCKING DELICIOUS. OMFG

0|0
    0|0
  • I love trying different foods. I love middle eastern and Indian foods. Middle eastern food is healthier and heartier than typical American cuisine and Indian food has some of the best spicey dishes I've ever had.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like to try new things but if its a place I go to a bunch I will find something I like and stick with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends where I go, example if I go to a burger bar I'm probably gonna order a burger or whatever specialty they have cause that's what they make best I'll try and eat anything as long as it's safe to eat

0|0
    0|0
  • Most often, I eat the same few things, as I don't like paying for a meal, and finding that I don't like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • If there's something exciting and different, yes I'll try that. If I'm choosing between the same old menu options, I generally just cycle through my favorites.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love eating out all the time, but it can't just be the same pussy over and over again. My tongue needs variety.

0|0
    0|0
  • I try to order things that are light on my stomach, and have no extreme taste like too sweet or savoury. That way I can eat more comfortably and without being messy. It just looks good too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I definitely am NOT adventurous with food. I like what I like.

0|0
    0|0
  • The foods I like to eat change with the seasons. If it is summer I like to try new things that are made with lemon or limes. There are certain foods that I will order of I can't make up my mind and everyone else has already ordered.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on my mood. I'm usually open to new stuff but sometimes, when I'm really hungry, I just go with what I know.

1|0
    0|0
  • I absolutely always try new things if you want to eat the same old thing then you can stay home and do that LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the place i am in.. if it's a good restaurant then i order new foods. If it is okayish then i stick to common menu, the food which everyone else are having.

0|0
    0|0
  • 70%/30%

Eat my favorite regulars / try new items.

0|0
    0|0
  • I get the same things but if I'm comfy with the waiter or if I know they know what it is and can get my order right I try other things I truly hate having to fix my orders and getting additions so on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like to try new things
    Don't knock it till you try it you might like it

0|0
    0|0
  • Both, depends on the restaurant and how it sounds when I'm reading the menu

0|0
    0|0
  • I always prefered the same thing because so many time i ordered the new item and that totally waste and tasteless

0|0
    0|0
  • Variety is the spice of life. If you try something new and like it, great. If you don't like it, be honest and be happy for at least trying.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just tried a new sandwich on Tuesday and I regretted it. Blechhh. I am trying to expand my horizons but hate it when I chose something yucky

0|0
    0|0
  • I like to try new things but money is my concern so i generally order the same one. Don't go for costly.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always want something new, but then half the time it's the same...

0|0
    0|0
  • i mostly order the same things, but i never eat out, i used to

0|0
    0|0
  • Well new of course... why would you eat out if you have the same food all the time

0|0
    0|0
  • Always new type of food. I love eating different food..

0|0
    0|0
  • I always try an order something I've never had before

0|0
    0|0
  • Mostly the same thing but also new food here and there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends how the mood is and how I feel about the day

0|0
    0|0
  • I love trying new things but nothing too extreme like bugs

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 43

• If there are limited fish/veggie option the i have no choice but to order the same, however I will try new dishes as long as they don't have certain ingredients I know I don't like in, for example Olives or Pesto.

0|0
    0|0
  • I get the same thing. I've tried ordering new meals. I usually left disappointed and regretted not going the same route with the usual. At least I know what I'm getting.

0|0
    0|0
  • I will try anything once because, I am an adventurous eater. I once tried fried scorpions in Mexico, I've also tried fugu, frog legs and balut before.

0|0
    0|0
  • Around people I'm comfortable around I might order new things. Because I like to think I'm adventurous. But with new people, or people I'm not myself around. I prefer to have a level or consistency.. something familiar to hold on to without a sea of uncertainty

0|0
    0|0
  • Before going plant-based, I always had the same thing. Ever since going plant-based, I've tried tons of new foods so now I'm always trying something new

0|0
    0|0
  • When I'm abroad, I try what ever new thing I can, but here food is so expensive, I'd rather order something I actually like.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm trying to expand my tastes, but I typically just end up getting the things I already know I like. Safe spending and all that.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the resturant. If i am really really hungry then I'd rather order the same thing because ik how its gonna taste😂 but i usually order something different depending on the resturant😊

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually go back to the same old thing when it is a sit down meal. But a buffet gives me more of a variety for the price I pay.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what type of food place I'm at. If Im at a smoothie store I'll get different types but if I'm at a burger place then I get the same thing

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes feel like eating what I know already is okay, but sometimes can try different too

0|1
    0|0
  • Same thing every time, I'm adventurous just not when it comes to food, not taking any chances

0|0
    0|0
  • I have favourite places, but I love trying new places.

0|0
    0|0
  • A Mix. Sometimes I try out new stuff to get new flavours and sometimes I order the same, because I know that it taste good

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on my mood. If i cab go out and eat and i want something i eat before i order it, and sometimes try new things, but not very expensive

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m a picky eater so I generally find one thing I like and stick to it

0|0
    0|0
  • It depents... sometimes I like to be daring, other times I just want something I know I'll like.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am so unadventurous with food. when i find a dish i like, i have it over and over lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • If am with someone else or a group of friends yeah sure, by myself same old thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Id like to be the person who tries new things... but im not

0|0
    0|0
  • Love to try new foods. I am a big foodie unless its fast food. I have the usual

0|0
    0|0
  • Always something new. If I'm paying for food, I may as well get a new experience out of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mostly order something that I am at least familiar with

0|0
    0|0
  • Both,
    New on random nights.
    Same on special date nights

0|0
    0|0
  • I like to try new foods except for if there is an dish I really really love

0|0