I’ve never had Indian food and want to try it. what do you recommend?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I would recommend vegetable briyani (probably spelled wrong. It's just a seasoned vegetable and rice dish. You've likely eaten everything in it before, just in different ways. Not to spicy, so a good way to be introduced to the flavor).
    And also butter chicken (chicken in a rich curry sauce that has cream and butter in it. Start mild, you can always get it hotter. Considered one of the best curries to introduce people to)

Indian food is not as scary and much more approachable than you'd expect. Much of it is ingredients you've had before, just prepared differently and mixed with other things you've had before, but never mixed.
    There are a lot of vegetarian options. Indian cheese (paneer) is often called "Indian cottage cheese," but if you don't like cottage cheese, don't worry, it really is nothing like that, in texture or flavor.
    Most dishes you can get very mild, but if you like hot, I'd still advise you try medium first.

Oh, am appetizer, called simosas, which is seasoned potatoes (and onion?) In a little triangle shaped pastry, that's been fried, tastes wonderful.

Lastly, tandoori chicken. It's pieces of chicken cooked with a coating of tandoori seasoning. Juicy and tasty.

0|0
    0|0
  • Biryani (spicy)
    Nihari (spicy)
    Tikka (if you or someone you know wants to go on a diet, this the THE best diet food and this is NOT the British Chicken Tikka Masala)
    Charge (also a good diet food but more difficult)
    Pulao (a more mild version of biryani)
    Bihari boti
    Actual chai (tea)
    Chicken 365(it is spicy)

Snacks:
    Samosa (chicken in Pakistani restaurant, vegetarian in Indian)
    Chat
    Pani Puri

Some restaurants in US:
    Detroit- Nihari Caffe
    Chicago-Usmania, bonus Tahoora bakery
    Orlando-Kabab King
    New York-Dera

Vegetarian stuff is generally better in South-Indian restaurants meat based stuff is much better in Pakistani and sometimes Punjabi ones.

Feel free to send me a message if you are looking for something specific or recipie for a very easy to cook Tikka.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Oh do try it! It's good
    Depends on your tastes really, there are so many dishes with completely different tastes... I started with a tikka Masala and I was hooked, mildly sweet and spicy with fresh chunks of chicken or veggie is good too
    If you like curries try a korma
    But definitely explore the different flavours

0|0
    0|0
  • I like butter chicken and biryani a lot but if I go to a restaurant and they have other things on their menu I will order the other stuff just cause I like to sample other foods. The indian restaurant booth at my school only served 3-4 different indian dishes every day - and 1 butter chicken and 1 was biryani. I loved them both!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 83

• i'm not indian but i have do have a indian friend, she took me to a indian restaurant a few times around NYC here, and so far the food i liked was Samosa, chicken curry, Indian Curried Fried Rice, indian flatbread and it comes with a lot of different dipping sauces on the side, and pani puri

0|1
    0|0
  • Watermelon chicken. I saw it on desi kitchen and we made it not too long ago for a bbq. Was really good.

https://youtu.be/32ELNEUOdO4

Gotta check em out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tried it once. Some of the best food I ever had. The wife doesn't care for spicy so we haven't been back. I wanted goat because I read it is the most consumed meat in the world but can't find it anywhere in the states but I found it at India restuarants

0|0
    0|0
  • Indian food has a big variety just like it's people. If you like sweet or deserts, you should try gulaab jamun, rasmalai, rasgulla or jalebi.
    If you like spicy, you can go for gol gappe or spicy tandoori chicken.
    It will surely include your type of taste. Try it, Don't wait.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is huge range from which you can select. Spicy south indian or creamy buttery and yet spicy north indian. A range of sweet dishes. India being home of most diverse set of people you get all authentic to fusion of different community. But to taste them you will have to visit india and based on which part you in there can be hundreds of dishes you must try. So yoh see some pretext where you are and even what time you are there is required to suggest.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well the indian food in your country may be of totally different taste than in India So i would recommend coming to India to taste the food We have so many cuisines from Punjabi food to south indian to Rajasthani Thalis Believe me it's worth it!!!

0|0
    0|2
  • If u want spicy food then go for Chicken/Mutton Biriyani
    If u want to try south indian veg then go fo idly/dosa with chutney and sambar.
    There are n no of indian dishes... better search for few good hotels and find the menu

0|0
    0|0
  • Pav Bhaji, different types of curry, Pani Puri, vada pav, different types of chicken dishes, fish, Mango (from Ratnagiri)πŸ˜‹, idli sambar, khichdi & more... Even I don't know properly how many tasty dishes are there in India. U must tryπŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

0|0
    0|0
  • A Veg Thali will give you ample variety from almost anywhere in the country. Don't be shy about the greens, they are the best part in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course yes. Its a great Idea. Experiencing different kind of things in life leads to change our whole inner world at times. It's not completely about food 😊

0|1
    0|0
  • There are soo many variety in each taste. U can spend a whole year trying all Indian foods still left with many to try!
    by the way u prefer sweet or spice or something in between?

0|0
    0|0
  • Avoiding it because you will stink so bad, people will be able to smell you in the next zip code - and they won't like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how much spice you like I personally like a madras but it is quite hot. Also partial to a karahi.

0|1
    0|0
    • Same here on the madras. I like Caribbean curry a lot too. It's not as spicy but it's more pungent.

• Depends what you like ofc. But aloo gobi, paneer, chicken curry, biryani, naan or garlic naan and my personal fave daal saag. These are random dishes but mix them however you like

0|0
    0|0
  • You will from people on here that find you it's been a long time since I I don't remember none of those dishes that some of my good and some of them or not

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends what level of spice you can handle. I would suggest a mild spiced chicken korma, it's your most basic and a gd place to start. I would always speak to waiters as well to get their view.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go with something mild, and easy to digest, like Chicken tikka masala. Indian food isn't something you want to blast your system with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't try it if you get red when eating spicy πŸ˜‚ or your ass will be on fire, you can try butter chicken πŸ”₯

0|0
    0|0
    • I always keep a bottle of tapatio and sriracha in my car. I live for spicy food

• Show All
    • Yeah I can’t stand sweet either. It’s a once in a blue moon thing

• Yea πŸ˜‚ but I bet there's a big difference between my spicy and yours

• I recommend a good buffet, so you can sample many things.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hit up a buffet so you can try a lot of different things, I love curry

0|0
    0|0
  • If u like spicy so try briyani and tikka and kheer and lado for sweets I try em when I visited india I like em

0|0
    0|0
  • Chicken biryani is great
    Saag paneer is great for a veggie dish

0|0
    0|0
  • Start with chicken tiki masala. Then get used to the spiciness of other foods. Try to find an Indian buffet so you can try a variety of things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lamb bryani and korma meals are awesome. Especially scallops korma if you like scallops.

0|0
    0|0
  • Chicken tikka masala
    Paneer
    Jalfrezi
    You're welcome. Those literally fuel my existence.

0|0
    0|0
  • Churma and churma and churma, πŸ˜β€β€β€β€β€πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing can beat the taste of our Indian food, specially Biriyani.

0|0
    0|1
  • u've reached 27 and never tried indian food till now!! LOLπŸ˜„πŸ˜‚πŸ˜„

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably the most popular dish.. curry! It's so good

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 17

• If you're vegetarian chana masala or aloo or vegetable korma are my all time favorites. Chicken Tikki, tandoori are good and if you like spice vindaloo

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you a non-vegetarian?
    If you like something buttery and kind of heavy (but amazing) - have butter chicken (chicken in delicious gravy) and butter naan/garlic naan (a bread)
    vegetarian alternative - shahi paneer and same naan
    You should have dal makhni with both of these things - yum

0|0
    0|0
  • Love it, I have curry nearly every week it's very popular in Britain I'd recommend chicken korma, tandoori chicken and butter chicken their my personal favorites especially with a Paratha

0|0
    0|0
  • Garam mazala (spicy chickpeas), vindaloo lamb or chicken, tandoori chicken and naan

0|1
    0|0
  • I love a good curry. Korma if u dont like spice but i like madras, jalfezi. Tikka etc

0|1
    0|0
  • Rice and Dol is really tame and not very spicey. Samosas are my personal favorite, they're very delicious, and I would also recommend curry

0|0
    0|0
  • Butter Chicken masala, tandoori chicken, briyani...

0|0
    0|0
  • Biryani
    Chicken Tikka Masala
    Samosa

0|0
    0|0
  • Tikki Masala Chicken (mild!!!) with Naan's.

0|0
    0|0
  • Roti and coconut curry chicken is delicious.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try Burmese food!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • butter chicken

0|0
    0|0
  • Dirty pickle

1|0
    0|0
  • Butter chicken with rice