What are the best Korean foods to try?

I've never tried Korean foods. I've been watching lots of K-Dramas and I came across these two movies, 'Queen For Seven Days' & 'Hwarang' and they both were very good movies. I asked myself, "Hmm... I wonder what Korean foods taste like.." And so, I came here, since I don't know any Koreans in person, nor I have good contact with them.

So, I was wondering if any of you has ever had Korean foods. I've had Chinese food but stopped eating them because they fed us rats and maggots. I looked up Chinese culture and foods to only find that they eat alive things.

2|0

Most Helpful Guys

• first, just in case you didn't know-- don't be worried when they suddenly start putting down a lot of side dishes because they're all free and every table gets them for free. if you're not doing korean bbq, then some recommendations are scallion/seafood pancakes, mandu korean dumplings, bibimbapp, jap-chae, Seolleongtang aka ox tail soup, some places make it bland so you might have to add salt yourself, kimchi fried rice, and ttukbaegi gyeranjjim if you like fluffy steamed eggs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try Bibimbap, Korean Barbecue and Kimchi. I had those and I love it.

by the way, I don't know where you had Chinese dinner but it's just ridiculous. Of all the Chinese cuisine there, they serve you rats and maggots? You must've came to the wrong restaurant that can been sued. Chinese restaurants are popular tho because of their food that isn't rats, dogs and magots. Go to a fancy and classy Chinese restaurant next time.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• K-dramas got me loving the native food too๐Ÿ˜‹. However I don't know many other than sweet and spicy Korean style beef with rice

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• Anything that is prepared Gangnam Style...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

1|0
    0|0
  • As a vegetarian, I love Korean food because they have lots of vegetarian dishes.
    Some of my favorites are: Dubu-Jorim, Gim-Gui, Miyeokjulgi-Bokkeum and Gochujang Gaji-Jjim.

0|0
    0|0
  • Thw wife of a Korean colleague used to make vegetarian Kimchi, which I was always happy to come over and eat.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm only familiar with Chinese food. Honey garlic chicken, chicken chow mein, beef lo mein, chicken lo mein, orange chicken, orange beef, things like that I like. Chinese steak as well

0|0
    0|0
  • I really wanna try Omurice... His Highness ate it so excitedly like i just wanna eat it too

0|0
    0|0
  • if you like really spice food then get kimchi if not get bimbimbop

0|0
    0|0
  • An-tee food poy son-ning me-dikay-shun

0|0
    0|0
  • Bulgogi was my favorite.

0|0
    0|0
  • Their noddles

0|0
    0|0
  • Can't say

0|0
    0|0
  • Fried chicken and beer

0|1
    0|0
  • It's said that Kim Jung Un eats a lot of Korean cheese.. It must be good

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything with dog in it is delicious

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 20

• I love Korean cuisine since they have lot of vegetable dishes and unique flavors. You should try Japchae, Bibimbap, Bulgogi, Gimbap, and Tteokbokki. Eating in a samgyeopsal restaurant is a nice experience too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some of my favorite Korean foods are:

Bibimbap - Rice mixed with an assortment of veggies and/or meat
    gimbap - Korean sushi
    Japchae - clear noodles stir-fry
    Soft Tofu Stews
    Korean Army Stew
    Korean Ramen - Try the Korean fire noodle challenge :) !
    Kimchi - fermented spicy cabbage
    bulgogi- marinated Korean beef

Lot's more :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh Korean food is by far my favorite food! My husband is Korean so we eat A LOT of it. For starters try bi bim bap or bulgolgi. The soup you have pictured is sundubu and it's spicy but really good. Japchae is awesome if it's made right. Kimbap is a personal favorite of mine. Kimchi fried rice is so good as are vegetable pancakes. Mandu is a good side and cucumber kimchi (oi kimchi) is the best! Radish kimchi is also yummy.
    Now I'm so hungry and it's 1 am here ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

0|0
    0|0
  • Just try it all. Asian dishes are the best. Hot pots are my all time favorite. I love throwing bulgolgi and squid in there. Itโ€™s the perfect blend of sweet and spicy. I know that this is not Korean but if youโ€™re feeling daring try Balut, I never really eat the bird just the sauce that goes with it. Iโ€™m not sure what other countries use the sauce but my family does and weโ€™re Cambodian.

1|0
    0|0
  • Koreans do too... well really a lot of people do. But I've had korean food. They're not all that. Its just how people eat it n exaggerated. Lol its not bad but its not all "๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜" either. Very famous dish the black bean noodle... thats good... oily n good... the rice cake and fish cakes as well.

0|0
    1|0
  • Korean bbq is pretty popular because itโ€™s really cool. You cook the meat yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bulgogi and kimbap are the "safest" to start in my opinion. Delicious.
    I don't know it counts, but Hotteok is incredible delicious (sweet street food).

0|0
    0|0
  • Hands down, tteokbokki. It's chewy, spicy, and oh so delicious.

Also, cold noodles of any sort, delish.

And of course kimchi <3

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried kimchi and hated it! It seems pretty popular though

0|0
    0|0
  • Jajangmyeon, bulgogi, bibimbap, naengmyeon (basically Korean Ramen)

0|0
    0|0
  • jajangmyeon, KIMCHI, naengguk, Korean tteok (rice cakes), bulgogi and jjinppang. my favorite is jajangmyeon though (noodles with black bean sauce)

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally thing teokbokki but that coming from a black girl, not a Korean

0|0
    0|0
  • Korean dogs are a delicacy.

1|1
    4|0
    • nah, that's china

• Show All
    • got real quiet. i'm sure you're not chinese or have any kind of affiliation ๐Ÿ˜‚

• @Highsxhoolstudent15 Yeah.. Did you know dog eating happens in Vietnam too? But somehow only China is on the spotlight for dog eating.

• Kimchi mostly, I also like fried quail egg too.

1|0
    0|0
  • oh my goodness! KDRAMA ARE THE BEST!

0|0
    0|0
  • Japchae and bibimbap

0|0
    0|0
  • Japchae is good ๐Ÿคฃ

0|0
    0|0
  • I have not had a chance to try it yet :/