What are the best Korean foods to try?

I've never tried Korean foods. I've been watching lots of K-Dramas and I came across these two movies, 'Queen For Seven Days' & 'Hwarang' and they both were very good movies. I asked myself, "Hmm... I wonder what Korean foods taste like.." And so, I came here, since I don't know any Koreans in person, nor I have good contact with them.

So, I was wondering if any of you has ever had Korean foods. I've had Chinese food but stopped eating them because they fed us rats and maggots. I looked up Chinese culture and foods to only find that they eat alive things.

2215

Most Helpful Guys

• first, just in case you didn't know-- don't be worried when they suddenly start putting down a lot of side dishes because they're all free and every table gets them for free. if you're not doing korean bbq, then some recommendations are scallion/seafood pancakes, mandu korean dumplings, bibimbapp, jap-chae, Seolleongtang aka ox tail soup, some places make it bland so you might have to add salt yourself, kimchi fried rice, and ttukbaegi gyeranjjim if you like fluffy steamed eggs.

• Try Bibimbap, Korean Barbecue and Kimchi. I had those and I love it.

by the way, I don't know where you had Chinese dinner but it's just ridiculous. Of all the Chinese cuisine there, they serve you rats and maggots? You must've came to the wrong restaurant that can been sued. Chinese restaurants are popular tho because of their food that isn't rats, dogs and magots. Go to a fancy and classy Chinese restaurant next time.

Most Helpful Girls

• K-dramas got me loving the native food too๐Ÿ˜‹. However I don't know many other than sweet and spicy Korean style beef with rice