What is the best local dish in your city, town or country?

This is Scouse. My local dish. Lamb or Mutton with potatoes, carrots, onions, gravy with side of crusty bread and sliced beetroot.What is the best local dish in your city, town or country?

0|2

Most Helpful Girls

• I think it's the pancit palabok. It consist of egg, noodles, calamansi and special sauce.
    Second picture is our roasted pig.

1|2
    0|0
  • It’s a melting pot where I’m from. But something you can’t get anywhere else would probably be a good buffalo burger with sweet potato fries.
    This is a popular restaurant that most people have been to at least once: www.rootdowndenver.com/.../RD_Dinner_061918C-1.pdf

0|1
    0|0
    • Oh wow. I bet that is awesome. I have heard Buffalo is amazing. Never had sweet potato as fries either. I wanna jump on a plane right now for that! Talk about getting a Rocky Mountain High eating that! Lol

Most Helpful Guy

• These are the things we are most famously known for.

we3travel.com/.../

However the best thing we are known for is the seafood. Lots of great seafood. My great great grandfather and my great grandfather were particularly happy munching on these. Ugly as sin but very delicious firm white fish. Interestingly the tail is the cheapest part of the fish... the liver is the most expensive at 200 dollars for export each to Japan for sushi. Aside from that they best described as a mouth with a tail.

1|2
    0|0
    • Pleasant nightmares!

• Show All
    • @Salmon4056 if youve had fish and chips in the united states you may of had it. Restaurants are switching to it cause its cheaper then cod.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

What Guys Said 3

• Sarma sa kupusom, literally translated it is called (sarma with cabbage), I dont know how to translate sarma. You take leaf of cabbage and put beef and pig meat mixed with rice and some spices also you put bacon and other solid meat inside pot to give it extra flavor, I think you cook that for 3 hours on medium heat. Combined with russian salad and ajvar ( thing made of paprika , peppers sweet or hot) it is heaven on Earth. You probably know for russian salad so I didn't put the image. by the way we are talking about HUGE amount of calories. If you are interested in Balkan food you can see this video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndm6QyXhGMc some of the food from Balkan made in U. S. but imagine how we make it in Balkan region

0|1
    0|0
  • um any food you can find basically
    we don't have a standard local dish here

0|0
    0|1
    • Don't care. stop stalking my questions jelly, you're a sad argumentative prick.

• This looks like it goes down great with a cold beer.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes