Whats some good soups for calming the stomach?

So my boyfriend can host home in a few days! 😄 But... There's still a long road of recovery ahead. His brother's house is wheelchair friendly, so we'll be staying over there for a while until he gets the hang of walking at least.

Anyways, so he is having trouble figuring out how to chew. The doctor said soups and stuff would be better for eating, and adjust to solid foods as he can get them down. And when he's out of the hospital he'll be off the drip and on pain meds for a while, and one of the side effects of one is an upset stomach I think.

I know nothing about soup. What are some good soups for helping stomachaches, and don't require much chewing? Thank you.

54

Most Helpful Guy

• hmm I'm not a soup maestro

but i'd say miso soup would be your best bet
    try something brothy and less creamy
    creamy soups can further agitate the stomach,

I sure hope when I'm in a relationship, and if something does happen to
    me, I'd have someone who was caring and unwavering like you are to him,

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing with mint, nothing sour like tomato. He needs protein, but cheese (dairy) can upset the stomach as can vegetables. Noodles with trace (that's very small) bits of chicken is usually good cuz it can be swallowed np. However, without knowing more of his condition, it's best to ask the medical staff.