What are some good American snacks I should try?

I am going to America for a holiday soon and want to try some American snacks! Any good suggestions?
Updates:
Going to Cali and new york like a true tourist 😂

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Definitely try fish tacos in Cali, go to a deli and get a Rueben in New York, along with a slice of pizza. Those are dishes that you might enjoy. As far as snacks; maybe try some hot fries, pork cracklins, different brands of potato chips (crisps) Cheetos, Doritos, chili cheese Fritos, go to a Mexican restaurant and have chips and salsa.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would recommend a cabinet. However your unlikely to find those outside of rhode island which is about an 8-12 hour ride from new York depending on where in new York your going. Highly recommend autocrat coffee syrup drizzled over coffee ice cream with hot fudge with chocolate covered espresso beans... haha you'll learn after that why ny is the city that never sleeps. However id recommend bar hopping. Id recommend the place my great great grandfather first got a drink after coming to america in 1901 from italy. The bar is still there today. Mcsorleys old ale house. 15 east 7th street. There is a ton of history there, well worth the visit... ps... yes the sawdust is ment to be on the floor.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• You should probably get a frosty at Wendys. In New York you'd better find a great pizza place and the edible cookie dough store. In California you should be able to find amazing Mexican food and tex mex. Also sushi at the pier is 🤗.
    For junk food I like anything with caramel and chocolate, milky way, rolos, twix or snickers.
    Chips, I think doritos and baked lays are the best.
    Also you should probably find a REAL American hamburger and fries. None of this fast food crap.

1|0
    0|0
  • Go to a gas station food mart, buy the snacks near the counter. They are intended to be impulse buys, and therefore are more popularly liked by the general public.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• Beef jerky, American pizza is greasy as shit but it's so good, the French fries there are so diverse and you'll likely come across some you get addicted to. I've always wanted to try a hotdog from a street vendor in New York. Lol.

1|0
    1|0
  • Halal food from the street trucks of New York is the best lamb chicken or fish over rice w. Salad sometimes fries on time come complimentary, white sauce hot sauce... Only 5 bucks! Mmmm best and cheapest food in nyc

1|0
    0|0
  • Well if you like cream cheese, try red velvet cake an American pastry which is not very popular anywhere else. Hot dogs are always nice. I of course don't know what is available in your country, but I will mention some snack foods that I like which you may or may not see elsewhere, babybel cheese, goldfish crackers, lays potato chips.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know in Cali there's so many different influences in the food I'm not even sure if you can consider most of it American.

Well I'd say go try some wings, and go to a proper steak house. For something quick you can try food trucks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Where are you from? Nothing on your profile shows up!! :( :(

0|0
    0|0
  • In America, everything is snack worthy. If we could eat Freedom, we would.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well the best food is in the South but good luck with NY and Ca.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well where are you going? It's a really big country with different foods

1|0
    0|0
  • Beef jerky! Oh wait, nevermind.. I don't really know. Italian ice?

0|0
    0|0
  • Doritos candycane chocolates and mango juice pepsi or coke and how can we forget Pringles lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Buffalo chicken wings!

1|0
    0|0
  • Coke, cheesy poofs, Doritos, mountain dew.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends where at in the USA

0|0
    0|0
  • Its like greek hell, dont eat the food

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a good American snack

0|0
    0|0
  • Deep fat fry Oreos
    Corndogs
    BBQ

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol good. Try pizza. Fish and fries. Whataburger

0|0
    0|0
  • NYC style pizza.

0|0
    0|0
  • A McDonald's cheese burger

0|0
    1|0
  • Wafer straws

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends where you go

0|0
    0|0
  • Rolos, pringles, various dorito flavors.

1|0
    0|0
  • Crackers.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 16

• Stretchy ice cream, ice cream rolls, speciality donuts such as ice cream stuffed. Cali has such an amazing variety of foods to try. Definitely a local hamburger. Browse Instagram for Cali hashtags. Ask locals when you arrive. Always new trends popping up. My brother is actually packing up to move out there. :)
    And YouTube might also have some featured videos of the local food flavors.

1|0
    0|0
  • Where u flying from?
    I’m glad u coming to the us.
    Upon arrival you’ll see snacks you’ll want to try! Trust me I’m European born and raised so coming here is like wow!! Try the restaurants all of them !! Lol
    Have a fun trip you’ll love the states

0|0
    0|0
  • American food is basically foreign food with a twist 😂
    The only true “American” food we have to show for is probably hot dogs.. and believe me, they are very nasty 😂 just stick to Pringles chips 😂

1|0
    0|0
    • Corndogs, hamburgers, french toast, BBQ, chili, french fries all American foods.

• Things I often see in those kinds of youtube videos, things I love, things from my childhood :)
    Salt and Vinegar Lays
    Fire Cheetos
    Sour Patch Kids
    Pizza Pringles
    Chocolate Chip Pop tarts
    Star Crunches (lol my absolute favorite guilty pleasure, only eat them once a year or two because I eat them all in like 2 days)
    Wavy original ways with sour cream dip
    Chocolates-Snickers, Butterfingers, Reeses, KitKat etc

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think any food can really be seen as "American" save for, like, Cheerios.

You could try fast food, because they use the same grade of beef they put in dog food.

1|0
    0|0
  • Pistachios are good and wasabi peas. California rolls are good too and traditional hot wings with celery and carrot sticks. For fried foods try some coconut shrimp or calamari with dipping sauce.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a snack but you need to get Goober. It’s not the same as just eating pb and jelly. you also need to try Oreo cookies with peanut butter (hint it’s from a movie).

1|0
    0|0
  • Most say you have to go to "In n Out" burger joint in California!

1|1
    0|0
  • Hot cheetos, mike and ikes, pringles, hawaiian chips, cookies and cream hersheys bar

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheetos, if you stop by Detroit get some vernors, Baskin Robbins, Pringles, and french fries

0|0
    0|0
  • Oreos and milk

0|0
    0|0
  • Mamas Too pizza in NYC

1|0
    0|0
  • Veggie chips and skinny pop

0|0
    0|0
  • Pringles and Dorito are the best