Is $7.50 for 1 kg of mangoes expensive?

I live in Australia and was just wondering if frozen mangoes of 1kg costing $7.50 (usual price was $10 but there was a discount) is considered expensive. Fruits are pretty expensive at the moment so.

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Here in America you can typically get a fresh mango for a dollar, sometimes 60 cents.

1|1
    0|0
  • They are expensive compared to Indian rates. Here in India mangoes are sold for $1 per kg. But according to Australian market conditions , they may be still worth it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Envious! 😪

• Come to India for vacations during April to mid June and eat a lot of mangoes , Jackfruits , Chickoo , Custard Apples , Pineapples , etc. And don't forget to drink Coconut Juice

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I think so. Here in Canada you can get mangos for around $1.67 each. Potatoes are also extremely cheap in Canada - you can get a 2 pound sack for $5.00.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• It's mostly because they're out of season here.
    They may of even been imported.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mangoes are usually very expensive, except if grown locally.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because there is 10% - 23% tax on food in Australia. Custom tax is 3%

1|0
    0|0
  • YEEEEEEEESSSS

in my country i buy 3 kg of mangoes with $2

1|0
    0|0
  • In my place it's not more than 2$ so for me it's way expensive.

1|0
    0|0
  • Prices on produce differs in various ways depending on which country you live in. $7.50 for 1 kg of mangoes, that's costly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Food here in Aus is expensive as shit in general

2|0
    0|0
    • Ok. There must be a reason for food to be that expensive. But why is shit so expensive? Why do you even have to PAY for shit?

• Show All
    • @Bj636 thanks for the insight.

• Yes @Bj636 thank you. That indeed was a very good explanation. And I can relate to it very well as I had seen in other places.

• No thats fine 😋

1|0
    0|0
  • very expensive

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds fair. That's 2.2 pounds right?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not to bad

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I pay £1.30 for a bushel

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• It's not much different here in Canada. I love fresh mangoes but they can be expensive so I rarely buy them

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, that’s pretty normal.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes