Does anyone else compare grocery flyers or am I just old?

I typically shop at the same Asian grocer, but occasionally, I'll change it up and go elsewhere based on the deals I find in the flyers. I literally spend up to a half-hour going through flyers, comparing prices and deals. From there, I made a list of everything I intend to buy lol.

Does anyone else do this, or am I just old as shit?

0|3

Most Helpful Guys

• While it's great to find the deal, I think over all going to a single store to get your groceries is still the best option. By the time you spend an extra couple of hours and gas driving around to separate locations, really, how much did you save?

1|0
    0|0
  • I just buy whatever I want when going shopping lol

But me beeing quite childish when it comes to saving/spending money doesn't really qualify me to give a good opinion on this 😂

But my Mom does the same with flyers and all that 🤷

1|0
    0|0
    • I do this because I like to make sure we have the house stocked with good options, primarily healthy.

• Show All
    • I don't buy each day, but I used to. I just ended up wasting more money that way.

• yeah... Im a wasteful person 😅
      Its just that I normally can't decide what to make to eat the day before, I just cook/shop what Im hungry for

Most Helpful Girl

• I don’t do the old paper flyers but I will check a few stores on line to see what they have going on. Make my lists and go.
    But all the stores I shop are within a few miles of each other so I might actually go to three stores in a day to get all the items I need. When I go to multiple stores like that it is typically more around the holidays when I have to bake a lot or have people over.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, I check online mostly too and all of the stores are also close. I could go to all of them, but I'm often too lazy lol.

• Lol I totally get you. “Do I really want to save a dollar here, burn that in gas and get my lazy ass out of the car for another store? Nahhhh...” and there goes my good intentions lol

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• We no longer seem to get those flyers. If we do, my gal files them in the bin, and I never get to see them.

Supermarkets near us have a price comparison policy, and if your shop would have been cheaper elsewhere, it comes off what you pay at the till. That may well have killed off the flyers.

1|0
    0|0
  • I still do it too! But mainly though ones I get in the mail but sometimes I will store hop and pick up a flyer to see what they have got! Digital flyers are still to annoying for me... so no you are not alone

1|0
    0|0
  • Do you save money after gas?

I’ve found I don’t so I don’t bother shopping around for groceries.

1|0
    0|0
  • Saving money for a better deal has nothing to do with age lol when I was in grade school I'd buy two cans of pop for.50 rather than one bottle for.75 because you got more pop for better price. Not clipping coupons is like throwing away money.

1|0
    0|0
  • There's just one grocery store near the house so not much comparison here. But I do go through the flyers to see if there's discounts on anything we need.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do if I want a great deal, but most of the time, i just try to get the stuff I need without going all over the place.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think you should continue shopping at that Asian grocer because it is where you found love of your life:))

1|0
    0|0
  • I always look through them to see if there are any good deals.

1|0
    0|0
  • I never compared prices but i think that is good thing to do and can save you money.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont typically compare flyers but thats only because in my area there is one single store that is cheaper than every one else, Its called Aldi. There are only a small hand full of items i cannot get there and i have to go to a big box store.

Whats weird here we have three grocery stores where i am.. Ordered cheapest to most expensive its Alid, Walmart, and Dillons (Kroger). The only reason i go to the more expensive one is convenience when i need something quick because its a few blocks from me. And it has a far better Deli.. Like miles better, the selection is HUGE lol. Oh and sometimes they have WAY better deals on meat than the other two.

1|0
    0|0
  • You’re old AF

1|1
    0|0
  • I do that sometimes, too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Geezer

1|0
    0|0
  • price comparison. nothing wrong with that

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, because this is not the 1950s

0|0
    1|0
  • That seems stupid lol

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Do these Asian grocers not have online platforms? If not, then I'd do what you do. What do you buy at Asian grocers anyway? I've only been to a few in my whole life.

1|0
    0|0
    • They do. Oceans (you can pull it up online) is the one I primarily go to. They have a lot of the typical grocery items (produce, pantry items, etc) but they have a full fish, meat, and deli market. They have aisles based on region with different regional ingredients or cuisines, etc.

• I'm sorry I made the assumption that the flyers were physical copies

• I think you should stop doing that. You are cheating on your Asian Grocer.

1|0
    0|0
  • You're older than fossil fuel

1|0
    0|0
  • Never done that but maybe I should start

1|0
    0|0
  • My parents do

0|0
    0|0
  • Never done that in my life.