My boyfriend is coming to visit what should I do for dinner?

So my boyfriend is coming to visit me and we have never really been together in person and I want to make him something special for dinner but what should I make?

PS your only 18/19 so obviously there won't be any alcohol involved. We both have better sense than that?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If there are no dietary restrictions, my choice would be lasagna, served with a tossed green salad and toasted bread. Tasty, yet easy to make and very filling.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would make him two things
    1. Something expensive like steak or lobster
    2. Something unique and tasty like cabbage soup without onions and with potatoes added or deep fried shredded potatoes

There is a very good recipe for scallop online that was rated 5 out of 5 that my mom used. I recommend googling scallop recipes that use vinegar or wine in their cooking process to find it

Another thing is you could make rum cake but I would only use 1/2 the sugar because it has an extremely strong flavour. It takes a long time to cook so I recommend doing it the day before.

I used to serve my guests home made caesar / Bloody Mary cocktails without alcohol and even the 4 year old kids would drink it at my house.

Sparkling non alcoholic wine either peach or grape flavoured is another option

0|0
    0|0
    • Not a bad idea but im not big on sea food I could never stand the texture of it. Other than like lobster ravioli or something.

• I'm a good cook and can cook just about anything I just really want him to be happy I like him so much

• have you thought about making a comfort food then like spaghetti or a mexican meal like do it yourself tacos?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• I like the second idea picture thing, something simple relaxed and light because I really don't want to be eating food and I love Pellegrino lol

0|0
    0|0
    • What do you mean you don't really want to eat food

• Show All
    • Lol he's going to be here for a week

• Exactly so three course dinners can wait till later.

• Caprese looks impressive, tastes good, and is very easy.

You will need roma tomatoes, proper (wet) mozarella, fresh basil leaves, black pepper, high quality olive oil and high quality balsamic vinegar.

Slice tomato and cheese into roughly 1/2 inch thick slices. The basic caprese "unit" is a tomato slice, a cheese slice, and a basil leaf. You can arrange these however suits you. You can also overlap the units if you like in decorative patterns. Apply black pepper, oil, and vinegar (and salt if you like). If you serve this with plenty of crusty bread, it's a full meal.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Macaroni and cheese

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes