Do you bake? I’m from the 70’s baking was a girls chore, has this changed?

I’m hungry:( I want a date scone with butter, my husband won’t cook me one 🙄, so I’ve come here to gag to vent.
  • I bake 👅 I’m a real catch
    Vote A
  • Nope, I’m mean, like ur husband
    Vote B
  • Too baked to bake, but damn I want a scone now too...
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• If i have the recipe i can bake no problem. Learned how to take care of myself long time ago. Even waching (yes i colour sort) and ironing. But not in the habit of backing much. Basically to busy taking care of the kids. So baked at the end of the day lol

1|0
    0|0
    • Ok I draw the line at ironing.. I haven’t ironed anything in 20 years

• Hahaha not saying I do saying I can ;) only iron a formal shirt if necessary anything else just gets folded. And occasionally a dress for my daughter gets ironed she's 4 so not doing that herself yet. But to cut things short I'm from the 70's as well and my mom taught me those things. So not agreeing it was only a girls chore. Things were changing already.

• I am certainly capable of such things, yes. I could make scones, but not with dates because dates are gross. Sultana scones, cheese scones, cherry scones, yes. Dates, no.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• hell yeah i bake! lol in fact i tend to bake or cook in gen but when i have emotional issues to deal with bring it on, cheese scones served hot with butter, sweet plain scones served with clotted cream, strawberries drizzled with honey, three (white, milk, plain) choc brownies, flapjacks, then i would consider crumbles as baking, rhubarb and pineapple, apple and ginger... i actually come across as a crazy person because when i bake i make so much at least two to three of my street neighbours will find me knocking on their door offering up my excess! lol xx

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

What Girls Said 3

• I'm very proud to say that I was taught how to bake by both my Mother and Grandmother, and it certainly hasn't done me any harm at all.

1|2
    0|0
    • I’ve taught my girls to bake too :) but they do tend to prefer to just buy things.

• I do believe they now call this the height of laziness.

• My hubby can’t bake for shit, even a frozen pizza ends up as charcoal 😐 but he’ll go out any time of the day to find a treat if I ask, so I can’t really complain about the lack of baking skills when he’s hunted down a Krispy Kreme at 4am

1|0
    0|0
  • They teach everyone to bake in secondary school here. I've baked ever since. I do need a recipe, though. I don't dare to bake without recipes.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes