White Meat Vs. Red Meat: Which Do You Prefer?

If I had to choose i think it'll be white meat for me but i like both.
  • White Meat
  • Red Meat
  • None, I don't eat meat
    Vote C
  • Both
    Vote D

53

Most Helpful Guy

• I eat a variety of white meat, red meat, fish and seafood. So hard to narrow it down to just white or red meat.

Most Helpful Girl

• For my summer reading book for AP English III, I had to read Eating Animals by Jonathon Safran Foer. It brought a lot of the abuses of the meat industry to light, and although a lot of the animal suffering did hurt me, I was mostly concerned about my health. Do you know what's in chicken? Oh my god, I will never eat it again.

The do somethign called water chilling or something like that. The put all of the chicken carcasses in a bath of cold water together. The problem is, as the chicken went through the slaughter mostly conscious, it shitted itself. The chicken was hung upside down, so it just stayed on them and got inside the meat. That means when all the chickens are put in this bath of water, the water is filled with feces. If that's bad enough, the reason that the industry still water chills them is because the water is soaked into the skin, so the majority of the chicken is actually water. Reminder that the water is filled with feces. That's what you are eating when you eat chicken. To make them tasty, they pumpt them with broth. This is why you can get so many diseases from raw chicken. That's why I won't eat most white meat. The meat this is most humanely eaten and slaughtered is beef, so I'll go for that 9 times out of 10.

• I usually buy the air chilled chicken as you don't have this problem then and you're not paying for a lot of water. Also, I think you'll find the industry regulations & standards vary tremendously from county to country. In Canada our regulations for slaughtering and meat processing are enforced at a higher level then in the USA.

• @LiamSaw I’m from the USA, so I’m basically screwed. I haven’t found a single airdried chicken in my super market.

• Really! They are easily found here, they're a bit more expensive per pound but you are getting better value for the money. I think Wegmans has them, but they are only in NY, PA & NJ.