When it comes to food, what grosses you out in/turns you off of a dish?

My two biggest turn offs for food are:

-Skins (such as tomato skins, pepper skins, etc). It’s entirely the texture, and the worst thing that can happen is if it gets stuck between my teeth or on the roof of my mouth. Bleh! It’s to the point that I can’t have certain salsas or tomato sauce brands because of the amount of tomato skins in them

-Bones and fat. In my defence I was vegetarian for years partly because of this very problem. Even as a child I would be grossed out and unable to finish my meal if I somehow chomped down on a bone or a large piece of fat slithered across my tongue (can we all agree the worst is chicken fat). To this day if I chomp down on a bone it ruins the enjoyment of my meal, I can continue to eat it but I’d rather not. I can (finally) eat wings though! Woohoo!

What about you? What really turns you off of a dish?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• My pappy told If someone cooks for you then you eat that shit happily so iv never been particularly picky

• I agree. I have suffered through meals I loathed for those I care about. But you must have a preference, I’m sure there are things you don’t like to eat

• Interesting! Are you someone who doesn’t have a sense of smell either? Often the two are linked

• That's actually one of the few senses I have still working most of my body was tore up by burns so nothing really works like it should

Most Helpful Girl

• Anything that comes from an animal; their dead, slowly rotting corpses, cow breast milk, chicken period (eggs). It's pretty gross if you think about what it is and where it comes from

• I personally don’t have any qualms with it. I often think “well a human is completely edible”, not to mention only predators have forward facing eyes. I accept it’s a part of our natural lineage, but I’m also glad that we have such a booming surplus of agriculture that it’s a choice to eat animals and animal byproducts

• Insulting the diagram is not a valid argument and it doesn't make your argument more valid. Also, I never said we should act like chimps. You are straw manning me. I just said our teeth are closest to a frugivore, not an omnivore.

Okay but your context is irrelevant. The DICTIONARY definition of "natural" is: "existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind." It's not MY definition, it is the definition straight from the DICTIONARY. I implore you to read a dictionary. I have looked into was is and isn't natural. And anything made by humankind is not natural according to the DICTIONARY DEFINITION.

You think buying nicely packaged corpse from a grocery store is eating natural? It's the furthest thing from natural. Surely you don't go and hunt/gather all your own food. So you're contradicting yourself

No, they're not opinion based. They are science based. All of them. You can look this stuff up yourself. I even quoted the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics

• "Tribes..." - you
      Again, you're straw manning me. I never said tribes are eating people for survival. I was talking about tribes eating animals for survival. Maybe I didn't make that clear enough but I was talking about animals, not humans. I never said anything about believing people lived on the brink of starvation but there are tons people in the world today living on the brink of starvation and have been for years.

Smh. I think you're projecting. I have made no fallacies. I don't think I'm great. I just have science to back up my claims, unlike you.

No, I read it right. Animal corpses actually are in no way good for us as science has shown eating animal corpse, anything from an animal (or any corpse) causes heart disease, cancer, and diabetes