How was your first experience with alcohol? If it was good/bad why did (nt) you continue?

1319

Most Helpful Guys

• My first experience actually drinking it was a few weeks after my 21st birthday. I didn't drink before I was 21, I've always been a good kid when it comes to following the rules.

That being said I had 3 beers and I started to feel a little rough, my friends wanted me to start taking shots but I thought that was stupid so I didn't. The alcohol didn't really make me feel any different, other than give me a slight headache and make me more... out of it I guess you could say.

I didn't really like it too much, I don't get what the appeal is. It isn't particularly healthy, it tends to give you a bad headache if you drink too much, and besides beer most alcohol doesn't really taste that great to me. Maybe I'm missing something.

I drink occasionally, purely because I like the taste of beer. If beer didn't taste good I wouldn't drink at all. Maybe I just had a lackluster first impression of it, but if I'm going to drink something unhealthy I feel like I'd rather drink a coke or milkshake.

• The first time I had any on purpose was when I was 21 and my girlfriend asked me to take her to a bar, so I did. And I got whatever it was she was having and it tasted like fire.
    I got it down, but I wasn't able to hold it very well, which was kind of embarrassing since I'm so much bigger than she is.
    That experience didn't go so well, but we had our first kiss that night, so that was good.

Since then I still don't really drink. I go with her if she wants to, and I'll get something sometimes, but nothing very strong. I don't do well with it, and I don't like the effect it has on me.

Most Helpful Girls

• That pic you posted is hilarious haha

Bad. I had a hangover for 3 days lol I was 16 , and i went to a house party with a group of college friends. I vowed never to drink again... until the following week haha

• Thanks☺️

I can’t imagine ever being hung over for that long yikes 😬 but... I’ve never been hung over... so...😐

• It was awful. It was the first time i'd ever drank alcohol and i didn't know my limit haha I don't drink at all now. I hate the taste of alcohol, so i am teetotal now lol

• My first sip was at a concert when I was 6/7 yr old and my dad was drinking what I thought was a slurpee. Turns out to be a margarita strawberry flavor 😋 Then from then on, I don't drink. It smells and burns. To this day I still get surprised people ACTUALLY like it. I think people drink to look cool the way society paints it.