How was your first experience with alcohol? If it was good/bad why did (nt) you continue?

How was your first experience with alcohol? If it was good/bad why did (nt) you continue?

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• My first experience actually drinking it was a few weeks after my 21st birthday. I didn't drink before I was 21, I've always been a good kid when it comes to following the rules.

That being said I had 3 beers and I started to feel a little rough, my friends wanted me to start taking shots but I thought that was stupid so I didn't. The alcohol didn't really make me feel any different, other than give me a slight headache and make me more... out of it I guess you could say.

I didn't really like it too much, I don't get what the appeal is. It isn't particularly healthy, it tends to give you a bad headache if you drink too much, and besides beer most alcohol doesn't really taste that great to me. Maybe I'm missing something.

I drink occasionally, purely because I like the taste of beer. If beer didn't taste good I wouldn't drink at all. Maybe I just had a lackluster first impression of it, but if I'm going to drink something unhealthy I feel like I'd rather drink a coke or milkshake.

0|0
    0|0
  • The first time I had any on purpose was when I was 21 and my girlfriend asked me to take her to a bar, so I did. And I got whatever it was she was having and it tasted like fire.
    I got it down, but I wasn't able to hold it very well, which was kind of embarrassing since I'm so much bigger than she is.
    That experience didn't go so well, but we had our first kiss that night, so that was good.

Since then I still don't really drink. I go with her if she wants to, and I'll get something sometimes, but nothing very strong. I don't do well with it, and I don't like the effect it has on me.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• That pic you posted is hilarious haha

Bad. I had a hangover for 3 days lol I was 16 , and i went to a house party with a group of college friends. I vowed never to drink again... until the following week haha

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks☺️

I can’t imagine ever being hung over for that long yikes 😬 but... I’ve never been hung over... so...😐

• It was awful. It was the first time i'd ever drank alcohol and i didn't know my limit haha I don't drink at all now. I hate the taste of alcohol, so i am teetotal now lol

• My first sip was at a concert when I was 6/7 yr old and my dad was drinking what I thought was a slurpee. Turns out to be a margarita strawberry flavor 😋 Then from then on, I don't drink. It smells and burns. To this day I still get surprised people ACTUALLY like it. I think people drink to look cool the way society paints it.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• I'll start off by saying that I never really liked alcohol that much. There are only a few I'm willing to drink occasionally. One of them is not Bacardi, which is unfortunately the first drink I tried. I hated it. I hated the taste, I hated that drowsy feeling I got after a couple of shots, and I hated the burning sensation in my chest lol. I'll stick to Moscato.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I was 3 I popped my first keg. No joke I climbed up and did because I saw someone else doing it I guess. After that not much drinking outside of a vacation 5 years ago. Just dont enjoy it and way too many calories.

0|0
    0|0
  • First experience was passing out. Shots , wine and beer when i was wayyyy to young , and beer pong with wine killed me at that point. Lately i drink every now and then when i feel like it. If tired af , or enjoying music by myself and so on.

0|0
    0|0
  • My dad gave me some when I was 12 and it was really bitter, have since been drinking other times socially but still beer and wine is too bitter for me, id rather have a fruity cocktail

0|0
    0|0
  • I was 12 me and my cousin were sneaking beers at a 4th of July barbecue. It was fun we got drunk and by the time our parents realized it was to late lol. They didn't care either most of the people in my family drink so.

0|0
    0|0
  • My first experience was with my friends we went to a hill top so that noone could see us as we were underage at that time, there we got drunk we had 350ml vodka ginger flavor it was one of my best moments of my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • First one was ok, second one i mixed too much of everything, now i can't stand the taste of alcohol unless the drink is sweet enough to mask the alcohol.

0|0
    0|0
  • I rarely ever drink. Usually twice a year.
    First experience was in a fit of depression and drank my father's wine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was 6-7 and stole a sip of my Uncle’s beer every time I brought him a new one. I liked it then and still do now...

0|0
    0|0
  • It stung a bit, but hygiene is important. Wouldn't want an infection

0|0
    0|0
  • I drank Smirnoff ice with a buddy. Can't get a better start than that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was 3 years old, tasted beer, didn't like it. Still don't like it

0|0
    0|0
  • Beer. 7th grade. Puke!

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t drink and I’ll never drink

0|0
    0|0
  • Not experienced yet

0|0
    0|0
  • 7 years old. 7 up and Segram 7!

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't remember but I continued

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• Lol. Cure pic.

I was 14 and went to a high school party. I was given Smirnoff grape by one of my friends. It was exciting because I was doing something taboo and illegal. It may also be why I am unable to have a casual drink--if the alcohol content overpowers the flavor, I can't drink it. I have to take a shot. The Smirnoff didn't taste anything like alcohol.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I had my first drink at 16 when I went to visit my dad's friend's family and they had a son my age. I don't remember it but to me it was just like another drink. No different from fruit juice or pepsi - nothing special about alcohol other than the fact it was ridiculously expensive for a teenager.

0|0
    0|0
  • My first drink was on my dads glass of whisky, for me at that time it was just like drinking alcohol (the other one) and didn't really understand why he enjoyed it so much i was really young though i don't really remember the age maybe 7 or 8

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh and now i do drink occasionally, mostly wine and some liquors here and there but never too much than one glass really was never a heavy drinker and i still get tipsy after just one glass.

• I was 14 I think. I started on light beer and then started drinking a lot of Cider. It tasted like alcoholic juice, but as I got older I begun to prefer whiskey and beers like Spitfire.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not an alcoholic by the way, I just have a drink every now and then if I'm drawing or writing to help me relax and focus.

• I took a sip of a fruity drink, I didn't like the taste of the alcohol. So, I haven't drank since then.

0|0
    0|0
  • I felt my stomach getting warmer and it wasn't a good feeling. It was strange.
    Fortunately that didn't happen again.

0|0
    0|0
  • It was bad, i didn't know my limits and got drunk and embarrassed myself. I continued every so often but I made sure to take it slow so nothing crazy happened again

0|0
    0|0
  • I licked red wine off the floor when I was like 6. That’s my only experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • My dad says they used to give me a tiny amount of whiskey in my bottle to get me to sleep

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing happened just smiled for all human. Who called themselves human n claimed as my lover.

0|0
    0|0
  • I knocked it right back haha it was great

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes