Do you believe GMOs are a bad idead?

Incase you might not know what that stands for genetically modified organism.

16

Most Helpful Girl

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t252CrvYhkE

Just like all inventions, there are expected pros and cons. From what I've been finding, there is more harm than good that comes from this kind of technology.

It was developed with the hopes of ending world hunger through longer preservation of crop. But with this process being such a tedious and complex one, I'd guess this would make food more expensive and distract scientists from other areas needing their focus.

Along with the health hazards which I heard are a lot, I'd say everyone should start growing their food in their back yards to lessen this problem or just support your local farmers and let bigger companies worry about other fields of production.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on what they are used for. GMO is a tool (like the various other ways humans have used to change/breed things over the years). For example, increasing crop production, adding nutrients and similar outcomes are good things. I am not really in favour of things like increased pesticide/herbicide resistance. Liscencing genetics, and not allowing growth from old seeds are also major issues.