How do I become a better cook?

Any GaGer cooks out there? And not the one who claims “they can cook anything” I’m talking about career cooks. How can I become the best cook there ever was?
That’s just a movie
You look on the internet

915

Most Helpful Girl

• Passion, creativity, experience and very high stamina for long hours. You need to WANT it for yourself and mean it otherwise you'd never make it.

I am a chef. Haven't been for very long but looking at a possible promotion soon. I don't get weekends off, the hours are extremely long and anti-social, and I get very few breaks but I learn new skills and techniques every single day. It'll take years and years to be a top chef so you need to be determined.

Most Helpful Guys

• Study Bobby Flay.

First before you worry about the recipes and the kitchen, develop an arrogant mindset. Have a chip on your shoulder. It's not enough for you to succeed, all others must fail! You must imagine a crowd of detractors and critics surrounding you at all times, jeering you, insulting you, and preying on your every mistake. Imagine a rival cook working feverishly on the counter behind you, trying to cook up something that will put you to shame and end your career. You're not just scrambling some fucking eggs, you're throwing your scabbard into the sea, READY TO DIE to beat your enemies.

You must become paranoid to the point of schizophrenia, my friend. You must make everything in your life about outwitting your enemies. Imagine enemies everywhere. Talk about your enemies, write about your enemies, always be thinking about your enemies, sharpening their knives to eviscerate you the instant you falter!

Try coke.

• I wanted to become a chef before I became CEO, I still cook with passion and its a hobby of mine.

Well first things first, how are your cooking skills so far?

• okay so you know the basics, What I did to get better at cooking was simply trying out stuff I saw on the Internet. You could also learn how diffrent spices work together and how to use them in cooking.

• Those are basics bro. Sounds like that’s a relative term.

Like I said, I need advice from career cooks. Not internet keyboard warriors.