What do you think about people who Instagram their food?

What do you think about people who Instagram their food?
  • I think it's great. I love looking at food photos!
    Vote A
  • I really don't get it, but meh, to each their own.
    Vote B
  • It's just dumb. People should just eat their food and be done with it, no memorialize it forever.
    Vote C
  • I think it's okay every once in a while, but it's annoying when they do it all the time.
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I don’t post my pictures but I still take them. I work really hard on presentation. The meals are only for me but it still makes me feel good when I know I’ve created something beautiful. Cooking is an art (for me). Why not have a memoir?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 68

• I Instagram the food I cook

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with sharing their happiness, but it's kinda lame to me if they didn't make the food themselves. If it's a personal creation, then it's totally cool to see what they've accomplished. I sometimes share my creations on IG. However, if it's just food from a restaurant, then I couldn't care less to know about their meal.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't get it, but I also don't go looking for pictures of food unless I'm looking for a recipe. So, if you show me how to make it, I might pay attention.
    It's not hurting me if people want to Insta their food plates. Just make sure it's a before shot, really not interested in an after photo.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends. Some people I know do it because they're involved with a weight loss program and post what the meal looks like and the recipes under them, so that I'm fine with. Now when people post all three meals of the day for lines, then it's pretty annoying

0|0
    0|0
  • The "look at me" generation. They post their food to show off what they're about to eat. They create "haul videos" on youtube to show off all the money they've spent. They pose in their bikinis and flex their muscles at the gym to show off their bodies and how good they think they look.

Bunch of narcissists.

1|1
    1|0
  • What's wrong about that? Food is art, it's a job. You need experience.
    It looks nice, might as well take a picture of it before you butcher it with your fork.
    And I love looking at food pics. There wouldn't be if people didn't take the pics.
    There's a multi million dollar industry based on making nice food.
    You have these masterchefs, and etc.

3|0
    0|0
  • I get it, when you have a great meal that you know some of your friends would like to see or love to enjoy. But, not every dish! I watched a girl take a picture of her Subway sandwich! I don't see that as a note worthy meal, or maybe she just doesn't get to eat out that much!

0|0
    0|0
  • I understand posting pictures of food you make, but really, why do you feel a need to show off what you simply eat? You have no reason to be prideful. You didn't make that! You're plagarizing by publishing the chef's hard work without due credit!

0|1
    0|0
  • Food is best when eaten not gawked at in pictures. I like food pics sometimes but when you focus on taking pictures instead of eating it, I feel that the food is not being appreciated for it's entirety but rather just it's presentation which is like judging a book by its cover and never reading

0|1
    0|0
  • Each to their own. I can understand if you went to a 3 star restaurant and wanted to remember it... taking pictures of an ordinary cake or something, no (unless it specifically to show a friend, rather than IG)

0|0
    0|0
  • Dumb af unless if they bring out some large food challage thing and you take a photo to show what it was then you take a pic after showing off you can eat it all. Otherwise nope you be dumb to do this.

1|0
    0|0
  • Each their own. Foodie? Go ahead. Seeking likes for a dopamine fix? Find something better to photograph. The world is huge, nature is amazing.

—————— I’m a hypocrite by the way. We all are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends of the situation. like i was on a school trip to USA (this is another country just so you know) and i went to Johnny Rocket and got a burger that sort of got me thinking of the 50's. So i wanted to take a pic, and if i had Instagram, i might have posted it there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Every once in a while is okay. It has to be really unique to peak my interest. Otherwise, if its like a good amount of their photos, I'm going to ignore it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly if I wanted to look at pictures of food I would google it.
    As far as Instagram goes, I don't really care what they do, nor do I care about what they made.

0|0
    0|0
  • I take pics of a new pedicure and new shoes so I can not fault anyone for doing what they like. Not that I ever will or would. I don't like being judged therefore I don't judge.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can understand it being a nostalgic moment of a good time like on vacation... but not your home town Denny’s that you frequently visit

0|0
    0|0
  • Annoying af... lol... like do we really need to see every single meal from a resto... like we all know what it looks like, we eat out too 😂

Sometimes it’s nice yes... not excessively though

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm only impressed if the food is something they've cooked and plated themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • i always imagine a tiger or a lion taking a picture of a gazelle while they are pinning it down on the ground right before they are going to eat it lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have Instagram but I've seen it on the site if it looks real good a good quality meal once in awhile is okay but most of the time it's not it's crappy looking

0|0
    0|0
  • oh, pics like that are stupid, i thought you meant food of their own creation. i post stuff to friends i cook all the time

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care to see it unless it is really impressive or they are wearing it. For example the show "man vs food"

0|0
    0|0
  • @wonderer89 would love this question 😂😂, we’ve talked about how this is a female thing to do, I’ve never heard of a straight man ever doing this

1|0
    0|0
  • If it a dish they made it's fine. If it's always something that is in a restaurant or coffee place then no.

0|0
    0|0
  • The problem is! No one shows the ''after'' photos, just the before photo

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's fine if there are accounts dedicated to food phoraphy (i. e. artistic photos of beautiful dishes), but for the rest i'd say only if it's a special meal, but not every day

0|0
    0|0
  • I only photograph the food I cooked myself, but not every single one and I do not share them online, just keep them for myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't use Instagram, but if I did, I'd think it was dumb unless it was an exceptionally good meal and only done once in a while.

0|0
    0|0
  • Food can be artistic too :) I think it depends on the situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 56

• Only if I tried a new recipe and want to share it with a friend. But I don't ever take pictures of my food. If I see a picture of food it either just gets me really hungry or I hope it has a recipe attached so I can make it later. Like Pinterest for example.

0|0
    0|0
  • I assume they are insecure or afraid to be honest about who they are. For example, if you are afraid to post about your religion or political views online - and you feel you need to post something at least once, you might post about food or vacation - since those are the least offensive topics you can think of.

0|0
    0|0

• -I put off half of my summer homework to the last week of summer, and it's due when I get back into school. 300 pages of annotations, and 4 miniprojects. I guess How to Read Literature Like a Professor will also teach me how to be as dedicated to Literature as a professor, too.

-I'm kinda sick of people. I had to argue the same points 10 times in an argument, and when I told them they were using a shit ton of argument ad-hominems and argument ad-populums, they said I was talking nonsense. So I explained what they were, then they just ignored me, which I guess is better than completely missing the point. They were defending their friend from art theft because of silly reasons, and I explained 10 times why theft was theft, and even the thief couldn't come up with a good argument to justify why they were stealing a character. Not only that, but one of my friends got so angry over a meme that he blocked me without any warning, then I tried to contact him several more times, and was ultimately blocked/ignored. People are so fucking shitty lately. I asked my friend "hey man what did I do wrong? please tell me" and he just ignored/blocked me. I was telling somebody that stealing a character (not just copying qualities of the character) is wrong, and the point that "theft is theft" went over their heads.

-I'm a bit annoyed that I was put into AP Calculus when I asked for Precalculus on the student request form, and also asked for creative writing but got Spanish 1 (which I already graduated from.) Though I guess I'll give AP Calc a shot, even though Math is one of my worst subjects.

-I hate my looks, personality, all that stuff. Though I'm much better than I used to be in every way, I still feel inconfident about many aspects of myself. I feel my body is too hairy and thick, and my face is too weird-looking. I'm also scared of my identity being thefted if I ever sent anybody my photo. As for my personality: I'm irritated that my communication style is peculia- I mean I'm annoyed that I talk funny. Every single thing I type sounds almost like words from a book. Also, I get in perverted moods way too often, and my sex addiction is all too prevalent. This doesn't mean I go up to every person I see and flirt with them or whore

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah sure, it's so "cool" to take photos of food :P

www.toonpool.com/.../instagram_2553185.jpg

0|1
    0|0
  • Honestly watching some try to get the right angle is hilarious, I mean I’ve seen people do some pretty interesting things for it lol but I mean if someone I new did it every time they ate and wouldn’t do anything other then that. It’d probably really start to piss me off. I don’t really care what someone does but I think taking pictures of your food no matter how pretty it is, is okay occasionally but always posting it on social media just seems kinda stupid to me

0|0
    0|0
  • Just to show that they don't eat shit like people think they do.

0|0
    0|0
  • It seems sad and pathetic 😅 It’s good once in a while but starts to get a little depressing when you view their entire Instagram as food dishes. It makes them seem like they have no life.

0|0
    1|0
  • My family does it if we’re vacationing somewhere and the food is unique. But it irritates me when people make it into a photo shoot and keep me from eating because they want a photo album’s worth of shots.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's okay if you want to do it with your food, butttt you see myyyy fooood, uh uh don't even think about especially if I'm hungry asf cause I will bite off your hand 😑

My sis tries to do this to me many times, and yes I nearly did when she wanted to pull away my plate. Sorry I'm just to hungry rn. Lol!

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like most foods, but I enjoy looking at it. So yes to that, Instagram away. Why people make a deal out of it is sort of beyond me. (to clarify though, I don't use Instagram and don't post pictures of my food).

0|0
    0|0
  • I really don't mind it. When a meal is IG worthy, by all means, post it. I like getting recipe ideas and restaurant recommendations this way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Omg the worst thing internet created. So annoying and dumb and.. i can’t stand it. The people who do this deserve a vip place in hell. Who cares of what u eating, i barely care about ur face

0|0
    0|0
  • Well the only people who post a lot of pictures of food among my followings have 'food' or 'food blogger' written on their bio OR they have a separate food blog account. Food bloggers post pictures of food, duh. Why would I be mad?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind it if it's all super unique food. Like toothsome milkshakes or a steak shaped like the US but literally every meal every day is a bit much

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's dumb. No one cares.
    I don't partake in social media of any kind but if I did I wouldn't post pics of the food I'm going to eat.

0|1
    0|0
  • Unless you’re eating a beautiful, gourmet meal that cost you $150 and it’s ansolutely amazing, it’s probably unnecessary.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't know about those but I love the foodies pages on ig.. can't get enough of them

0|0
    0|0
  • Silly, the food if gonna be cold the time they take the pics, they should just eat it but I do enjoy seeing those pics so XD

0|1
    0|0
  • If a food item is especially beautiful or otherwise appearing uniquely tantalizing sure but your average salad/burger/chicken tenders? Not so much.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's beyond bizarre when people post their dinner all over the Internet. No one actually cares what they're eating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless it's an actual food channel, I wouldn't be interested in constant food pictures.

0|0
    0|0
  • Thos eof you wo chose A... We should have a little chat

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't get it as I don't feel the need to capture my food, but I don't mind looking at food pics if they are pretty.

0|0
    0|0
  • And then they complain to the waiter that their food is cold.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind it. I do it sometimes and I enjoy looking at other people's food. I think people worry too much about people's lives.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love looking at food. hahah... But I am not like crazy or anything... hahah I probably am.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like looking at food so i don't mind, constantly it can get abit much though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have an issue with it unless it's done excessively.

0|0
    0|0
  • I get it if it's done now and then, but it could be annoying of it's part of your everyday

0|0
    0|0
  • Im shameless when its nice looking food- i dont care if people look at me funny, id just wanna remember it

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh wait i read the question wrong- I never instagram my food, i just take a picute for myself

• Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes