Red or brown sauce? (Ketchup or HP Brown Sauce)?

Been digging bacon sandwiches at the moment. But the age old question... red or brown sauce?

Personally I like red on bacon and brown on sausages. If I had to pick one overall... probably red.

But... let’s find out!

**Disclaimer: there are other brands and sauces available but this is just on these two. I personally love mayo too on bacon sarnies but this is just the battle of the reds and browns!**
  • Red/Ketchup
  • Brown/Hp Brown Sauce

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually, BOTH, but that choce wasn't listed. HP Sauce is from the UK, so we don't get it in the States. It seems to be a rough equivalent of A1 steak sauce, judging from the ingredients. Personally, I use red ketchup and add just a shot of the brown sauce.

• I wondered if it was similar to a1 sauce. It’s probably more tangy than sweet (I’m assuming, I’ve heard American things are typically much sweeter)

Most Helpful Girl

• Voted Red because I don't know what the brown sauce is but will be finding out!

• It might be an English thing but I think it’s sold internationally?