I am a guy. what makes a good waiter?

I’m nervous about my new job
Can I ask a additional question? Being a good waiter means having to seem good with customers yeah? Having short cut nails and just seeming happy?😊

34

Most Helpful Girls

• Firstly good luck!

Secondly,
    - making it look like your enjoying you job weather you are or not, you want to create a good impression
    - Good table service
    - Staying calm and collected no matter the circumstance

Personally i dont like the waiter coming to the table to check on food id personally like to be left to eat. Maybe visit the table once and that be it

• Always smile. Try not to be rude to the customer and also carry the food well.

Most Helpful Guys

• Remain as calm as possible, keep a mental list in your head of what to do next, and always be polite/ helpful as possible. Also make sure to take mini-breaks and drink water, it sounds counter productive but it REALLY helps you keep calm and retains energy. Good luck!

• It's easy bro, talk clearly, eye contact, be friendly, think ahead! Try to give them their space, yet always keep an eye on them (hopefully in a non stalker kinda way) refill glasses quickly, you'll pick up things ie a closed menu means their ready to order, try to joke around and don't keep saying 'I'm new' or 'i haven't tried that' do say crap like 'good choice' or 'think you'll like that'. If someone is rude an unwelcoming to you don't think about it, they prob need a hug but don't try to hug them. Being a chef and serving tables, I always went with a rule 'never serve what you wouldn't eat' so if something is iffy, tell them & be honest. 'no a lot of people liked the soup of the day, maybe a fresh salad?' it's easy you'll pick it up quick