Examples of giving good customer service as a cashier person?

I’m curious.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Always be kind. If they ask you a tough question, ask your manager or boss what the right thing to do or say is.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 3

• To keep the drama at home, the customer is always right kind of thing, don’t carry any emotional attachment or else that sets you up to get hurt, keep small talk small,

0|0
    0|0
    • If someone doesn’t feel like talking for example just don’t take it personal just keep the friendly attitude it really shouldn’t effect you if they act like that. Your happiness will last a lot longer. It is hard to perfect you know not letting it get to you it’s rare to find. But if you do master it you will be like I’m the top one percent range and be more valuable and get eventually get a better job.

• I used to work at a Barnes and Noble college bookstore. During rush (1st week of the semester) it was usually a mad house, with long lines. As a cashier it was my job to make the customer have a good experience when they got to me in line. I would make sure while I am ringing up their books to have a conversation with them, maybe mention a book and talk about the class or the professor. The idea is instead of the customer sitting their watching the total go up and up I am there to talk to them and help them in finding something if they need like supplies or a t-shirt.

That being said the more critical situations were returns and exchanges or refunds. Always made sure not to judge the person for returning items and wanted to see if they could be helped with something else. Quickly got them their cash or credited their account in case they were in a hurry, or answered questions. If need be, would escalate to a Manager.

0|0
    0|0
  • Smile, ask them how they're doing, and be genuine.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes