Are vegans allowed to eat/use honey?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No because it involves taking something from animals without their consent which is ultimately what they are against

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No, itโ€™s an animal product. Just like they donโ€™t eat dairy or eggs - not eating animal flesh is vegetarian, not eating animal flesh and products made by living creatures is vegan

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• No, vegans are only "allowed" to eat plant based stuff... which makes no sense, since plants are LIVING organisms. Plants feel and think too.
    #vegetablesaremurder #plantlivesmatter

1|2
    0|0
  • No, they are not. That's part of the reason that I call myself 95% plant powered. I don't want to be not able to eat something just because it has a little egg in it or some honey.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, vegans don't eat honey. But everyone is allowed to eat honey.
    They use rice syrup, guava syrup or maple syrup instead.

1|0
    0|0
  • Id say no as its an animal product and extracting it stresses the hive.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't have thought they could have any ethical objection to that, surely?

1|0
    0|0
  • no. it's kind of like harvesting chickens for eggs.

1|0
    0|0
  • Vegan logic. I don't like harming animals in any way but plants can die horrible deaths.

Plants have lives too.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a flower nectar not part of a bee. Yes they are.

1|0
    0|0
  • you're allowed to use anything lol, your eating habits don't dictate what you can and can't eat / use.

0|0
    0|0
  • Itโ€™s fine. Itโ€™s not a living thing

1|0
    0|0
  • Why not

1|0
    0|0
  • vegans are weirdos

0|1
    2|0
  • Nope it's an animal byproduct.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol they are all

0|0
    0|0
  • they do make "vegan honey".

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• No because you can't eat ANYTHING that comes from an animal. Honey is bee spit. Plus, they'd object to how honey is obtained (smoke guns etc).

1|0
    0|0
  • No, because they think it's a form of animal exploitation.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, it's animal product.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's bee barf. They technically do t make it. They just gather it from flowers. You could too if you wanted to get nectar from 3 million flowers.

Recommended myTakes