What do you think of places like McDonald's going to kiosk for ordering food?

We have a newly built McDonald's thats opening this week and people are grumbling about it. Some think it takes jobs and to be honest I thought that but there are people to help you with it and bring your food to your table. We already had one before this McDonalds was tore down and rebuilt to be bigger.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I am friends with a few McDonalds franchisees and they both told me the same thing when it comes to kiosk ordering. They told me that the goal was to deliver a higher level of service and hospitality at McDonalds. They are now offering table service and delivering food to the tables, refilling drinks for customers, grabbing extra condiments (like sweet and sour sauces) for customers. They are simply shifting assets from the front counter registers to the dining room. That said, there will be people to help train customers on the kiosks and there will always be a cashier available for those that resist the new technology.

1|0
    0|0
    • I've noticed that myself I didn't like at first because I thought it was going to take peoples jobs but it really isn't at least here

• Thanks for MHGuy!

• mcdonalds at USA sucks ass. although the mcdonalds across the street from where i live (manhattan, NY) already had kiosks for a few years, their menu had never changed. outside of usa, the menu and items are so innovative and at australia, the mcdonalds even have delivery service too! but the latest mcdonalds news is that some of the fast food chains are going to incorporate a few international items to their menu

news.mcdonalds.com/.../global-menu-mhq-september-2018

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I kinda like it, it reminds me of those self service check outs in stores. I've actually used one in a Mcdonald's before. You can look through all the options and take your time if you need too and it's easy to navigate. You don't have to chit chat and you can place your order and be done. But I can imagine the machines would break down a lot or have technical issues and that could be a headache during a big rush. I get that some people might not want to use a machine so maybe having a few machines as an option would be nice.

1|0
    0|0
    • I like them just not self checks At like Walmart

• Yea the ones at Walmart are a toss up they're either broken or don't except cash or only except cash it's a headache.

• Haha right!!!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• I've done it, it kinda allows for more creativity

1|0
    0|0
  • Eventually it will result in less overall staff at McDonald's. As a consumer I don't really care that some minimum wage jobs will be lost, especially since it isn't even a livable wage job. Where I live we have had the kiosks for a very long time now and I haven't used a cashier since. I much prefer using the kiosks and taking my time while customizing my order.

0|0
    0|0
    • I do like to customize without being interrupted 5 times especially when it comes to the obvious ones who aren't being trained to provide customer service and are rude.

• They also rolled out a feature where you can order on the app with your phone on the way to the store. Then it will be ready and waiting for you by the time you get there.

• I dont like that feature I tried it

• What did they think was going to happen with this huge increase in the minimum wage?

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like it. No machine will ever be able to, replace good customer service and a smile.

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess they'll have found a market... and in the end it shouldn't cost too many jobs, they'll only be at different spots.
    The food still needs to be produced and sold, only the distribution channel is different.

1|0
    0|0
  • It sounds like they're eliminating the job of taking orders but creating the new job of bringing the food to customers' tables. So maybe it will be a wash.

0|0
    0|0
  • If your job can be done by a kiosk you shouldn't breed.

0|0
    0|0
  • They get to avoid to a degree paying higher minimum wage by hiring less people

0|0
    0|0
  • it's pretty inevitable. we should expect to see a whole lot more of these in the future

0|0
    0|0
    • Your right I like them now better then drive through, they took the screen away so you can't see what your order is. Do you have them where you are?

• Show All
    • They are at literally every McDonald's in my province. A similar touch screen system has also been rolled out to all the Walmart's and Shopper's Drug Marts. All cashiers will eventually be replaced by either this system or that crazy new system that Amazon is doing with their grocery stores. The Amazon tech involves no checkout at all, you just use the app to enter the store and anything you take will automatically be charged to your credit card when you leave the store.

• @Matthevv we have check and scans that you put everything on belt and do it yourself. I hate those as well. I have used the curbside thing at Walmart before.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes