Do you prefer jarred pasta sauce or homemade?

Do you prefer jarred pasta sauce or homemade?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Homemade ideally, if you have the time and patience.

Jarred/tinned is good, if you want convenience haha :)

I always make my own, and freeze it for later!

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah jarred is much more convenient. I freeze mine too ๐Ÿ‘

• Hahaha! Keeps for a long time! If I want pasta, but something lighter, I always make pasta aglio e olio... Really easy, delicious, and vegan, if you get egg-free pasta! Haha

Thanks for MHO, by the way!

• You're welcome

Most Helpful Girls

• I've only ever had it in a restaurant (which might be homemade) or from a jar lol, i'd say i'd probably prefer homemade though

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Homemade, of course, is my preference. That said, most of the time I will start with a jarred sauce and add tomato paste, spaghetti sauce mix, grated cheese, diced onion and peppers, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, and some Italian herb/spice blend. Alfredo which is comparatively costly, is totally another story. I will scratch make that almost every time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Half and half, canned sauce that has been spiced already then adding fresh meats and veggies later, perfect combo

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course homemade, I don't know anyone that would pick jarred given the option. That said sometimes I'm too lazy or don't have enough time. Or in the case of something's like alfredos or certainly pestos, it can be a lot cheaper to buy the premade stuff. Heavy cream isn't cheap and pine nuts are expensive.

1|0
    0|0
  • I go for as much home made as possible. One reason is the satisfaction of getting it right on my own (most of the time ;) ) and one other is, that I cannot be sure of what chemicals I am confronted with when it comes from a jar/can/whatever.

1|1
    0|0
  • You know fitness girl... lately Iโ€™ve actually been having a hard time enjoying sufff with thickeners and xanthan gum... I noticed tons of ice creams... sauce bottles... use that stuff and itโ€™s kinda make me feel gross eating it... just the thought lol

If you get good ice cream they donโ€™t use it... if you make your sauce at home You donโ€™t need a thickener... and it tastes so much better
    I noticed at my Italians friends sauces they cook, they are usually quite thin but packed with flavour...

So certainly home made

1|0
    0|0
  • homemade preferably, but jarred is ok if in a rush

1|0
    0|0
  • Always homemade!

1|0
    0|0
  • Home made of course

1|0
    1|0
  • Homemad

1|0
    0|0
  • Homemade.

1|0
    0|0
  • Homemade

1|0
    0|0
  • Homemade

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• If I'm in a rush bottled and I use Prego:)

If I have some time on my hands i prefer to make the sauce homemade and add in some extra loving.

1|0
    0|0
  • You mean gravy? That you eat with meatballs and spaghetti? Homemade is always the way to go.

1|0
    0|0
  • Homemade if I have time

Bottled if I am rushed. Prego is my fav

0|0
    0|0
  • Homemade.

1|0
    0|0
  • HOME MADE

1|0
    0|0