Why are European, American and Asian beers smaller?

I have noticed this both by being there and by seeing all the shitty imported beer which is getting scarily popular here.

So our beer cans and stubby bottles are 375ml standard. European and Asian are 330ml and American are 355ml (excluding tall cans)

I always feel like I'm not getting a full beer when I drink another countrie's beer.

You guys are pussies.
Updates:
It's an island off Europe if you think about it.
The UK is an island off Europe. Was meant to be to WhoDatGuy but I fucked up and put it in the update so I'm just going with it now.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Might be an export issue? Here the usual kind of size is 500ml cans, and 650ml bottle... then there's 350ml cans, but those are small -- not what people usually drink so much unless it's a party where people want to have the maximum assortment of drinks for guests to choose from:

imgcp.aacdn.jp/.../..._56bf4c4a68665_617510264.jpg

Middle one is 500ml (standard), then teeny 350ml on left (usually for parties where we don't know what our guests like), and 650ml bottle.

0|0
    0|0
    • Another thing about Japan is that beer is popular among girls since it's not so heavy on the alcohol (it doesn't have the masculine kind of stereotype associated that I've seen in some Western countries) -- so the small 350ml cans are sometimes popular among the ladies.

• Like this:
      cdn.amanaimages.com/preview640/11031072568.jpg

Beer tends to be the among the most popular drinks among women (all sorts of ages) -- kind of different from the West where I see girls ordering cocktails more. Then among guys maybe most popular is shochu or whiskey.

• Asians are just not a fan of drinking but Americans and Europeans? I don't know what you're talking about. Also, what gives you the rights to call us pussies just because some of us don't drink? That's one toxic judgmental attitude.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's just Aussie banter. I don't mean you're really pussies but I'm rubbing it in that your standard size of beer can and bottle are smaller than ours.

• Show All
    • Nice try using idioms that has no English equivalent. And calm down hehe.

• It means you can always put your big boy pants back on and stop sucking your own dick

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 9

• standard serving sizes for different countries.
    fosters, guinness, and a few others do not support your position.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea I know. We aren't even allowed to buy beer more than 6% alcohol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually UK beer cans are 500ml. So pipe down sunshine

0|0
    0|0
  • bet you can't handle your alchohol dont go around falling, with couple of sips

0|0
    0|0
    • Forget about the table, I'd drink you under the floor boards

• Where you from bitch? Our beers in America are tall as fuck.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because rest of the world is not amerifat.

0|3
    0|0
  • its to make more money

0|0
    0|0
  • Because Americans are too execcive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe the alcohol content is more in the smaller beers like IPAs and larger ones just have more beer to drink

0|0
    0|0
    • Our full strength beer has a higher alcohol content on average too (excluding niche brands with excessive alcohol content)

• Oh ok, I’ve been liking some of the IPAs of local brewery’s so I usually have from the tap

Recommended myTakes