What's a food that you absolutely love, but hadn't had in a very, very long time (even many years)?

For me, it's homemade falafel. Especially the one my mom makes and infuses with hot chilly pepper and bell pepper pastes. Put it in a sandwich with parsley, goat cheese, tomatoes, and onions in pita bread? FORGET ABOUT IT!

A close second would be a spicy chicken schnitzel sandwich. That's actually my #1 favorite food, but it's second here because I've had it somewhat more recently (still a long time ago though).

What's yours?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• I remember when I was a young child my mum gave me some apricot cheese and I really liked it a lot, and I've been really wanting to try it again to bring back those nostalgic childhood memories.

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was 18, I went to live in the US as an exchange student for a year. The family that hosted me also hosted a girl from Norway. One day during the winter, she received a gift box from her mom with a huge chunk of cheese in it (it must've been about 2 pounds). Being from Switzerland, the land of cheese, I was immediately intrigued. I had never tried Norwegian cheese before it my exchange sister told me that it's her favorite. She gave me some to try and it was absolutely phenomenal. I kept asking for more and - yes, I feel bad about this - I ate a big part of that cheese her mom sent her. It was gone in just a week or two.

Since then, I have tried to find out what cheese that was. Unfortunately, I have lost contact with my former exchange sister despite the fact that we used to be very close. I have done a lot of googling and internet searches but it's impossible to know what the cheese was called only from looking at a picture (especially since this was 12 years ago).

I haven't managed to visit Norway yet but I definitely plan to do so within the next 3 years. And when I do, I will eat myself through every cheese store in Oslo until I have finally found this superb creation.