Do you like root beet?

I love root beet, I like it pickled and also when I just take a fresh beet and cook it in one piece. I like that earthy flavor it has and the sour one when it's pickled. Would you know how to pickle (can) a root beet, it's not so difficult and it's fun lol, it's called fermenting and you basically entice one strain of bacteries while you destroy another one (by disabling the air inside the jar, that's what that fluid inside is for)

I hope now you like to ferment vegetables or are at least interested in doing at least one jar of your pickled root beet (any veggie that you like), I find it really interesting actually and it is fun also, although I never canned a single jar of pickled vegetable I know all the basics and you can do it on just a couple of minutes.

That's it, hope you liked it, this was an instant little my take on (pickled) root beet, hope you like it!
Do you like root beet?

Do you like root beet?

Do you like root beet?
  • I love it!
    Vote A
  • I hate it!
    Vote B
  • Indifferent
    Vote C
  • I like it pickled
    Vote D
  • I like it in some dish (like borsch)
    Vote E
  • Other?
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
beet root

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I thought this was a root beer typo. But nahh i would try that

0|2
    0|0
    • it was not a typo although I almost typed beer instead of beet a couple of times.. do you say you would try or no?

• Nah not my cup of tea

• it's also kind of a Slavic thing I think, but I know it is done in USA too

• Interesting, I've never had or tasted a beet before in my little but I always wanted to. I wanted grow some in my dream garden when I got older. Learning how to pickle and jar stuff would be fun too

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• A lot of members of my family love those, whether pickled or chopped in salads. That's an understatement. They're crazy about it! I'm honestly very indifferent about it. I think it's good, but I don't really seek it. I will, however, eat it if served.

0|1
    0|0
  • I came here to talk about root beer.

Oh well this other stuff is OK too.

0|1
    0|0
    • I never tried that root beer, what is it made of , what kind of root, beet root? I am from the part of Europe where it is not drinked so much this root beer, so let's talk about it if you are here for that reason ;P

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• I used to drink a beet and green veggie smoothie at the mall every day. I loved it! Tried to make it at home but the one I made it home tasted bad - I think they must alter the ingredients in some way to get the bitterness out of the beets - maybe they cook the beets before putting them in the smoothie.

0|1
    0|0
  • i personally dont and at first i thought you said root beer since im tired

0|2
    0|0
  • I like it raw and pickled in my sandwiches.

0|1
    0|0
    • That sounds really interesting :) so do you have to like grate it so it is not too hard, it is really hard when it's raw right

• Show All
    • I see, you're a Texan girl, I never met someone from El Salvador I think

I would add some kaymak after I cook the egg, I think you would love that, it adds a lot of flavor to that dish, have you ever tried it

• I’ve never heard of kaymak before but I’d like to try it.

• i'm root beet!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I do love root beer

0|1
    0|0
  • I absolutely hate root beer. I always have.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don’t like it

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I love it.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• You mean beetroot, and no it's one of my foods that I just won't eat along with raw tomatoes.

0|1
    0|0
    • you are missing out!!

• Show All
    • I have seen them but never eaten one fresh.

• you shouldn't be afraid even to grow a full field of beet root, if you have a big field to grow these... fresh they are not edible but most nutrient, if you cook them they show you their other nutrient side, those beet root, but you are young and you need to discover what is it that YOU like

• I had some a few years ago, it was the worst thing I've ever tasted, and I've tasted a lot of terrible things...

0|1
    0|0
  • We dont sell it in scotland l dont like it l had some when l was on an American air base in scotland many years ago it was crap

0|1
    0|0
  • Beet root

0|2
    0|0
  • I do not like beets.

0|2
    0|0
  • Does it mean that I'm gay because I enjoy stuffing root beats into my butthole? My boyfriend says it does

0|0
    0|0
    • you need to put the beet in the jar

• if you and Pickle Rick would battle for a female I would put my money on Pickle Rick cause some guys only know how to "hunt" for food in a supermarket and everyone can do that

Recommended myTakes