Do you like root beet?

I love root beet, I like it pickled and also when I just take a fresh beet and cook it in one piece. I like that earthy flavor it has and the sour one when it's pickled. Would you know how to pickle (can) a root beet, it's not so difficult and it's fun lol, it's called fermenting and you basically entice one strain of bacteries while you destroy another one (by disabling the air inside the jar, that's what that fluid inside is for)

I hope now you like to ferment vegetables or are at least interested in doing at least one jar of your pickled root beet (any veggie that you like), I find it really interesting actually and it is fun also, although I never canned a single jar of pickled vegetable I know all the basics and you can do it on just a couple of minutes.

That's it, hope you liked it, this was an instant little my take on (pickled) root beet, hope you like it!
Do you like root beet?

Do you like root beet?

Do you like root beet?
  • I love it!
  • I hate it!
  • Indifferent
    Vote C
  • I like it pickled
    Vote D
  • I like it in some dish (like borsch)
    Vote E
  • Other?
    Vote F
beet root

108

Most Helpful Girls

• I thought this was a root beer typo. But nahh i would try that

• it was not a typo although I almost typed beer instead of beet a couple of times.. do you say you would try or no?

• Nah not my cup of tea

• it's also kind of a Slavic thing I think, but I know it is done in USA too

• Interesting, I've never had or tasted a beet before in my little but I always wanted to. I wanted grow some in my dream garden when I got older. Learning how to pickle and jar stuff would be fun too

Most Helpful Guys

• A lot of members of my family love those, whether pickled or chopped in salads. That's an understatement. They're crazy about it! I'm honestly very indifferent about it. I think it's good, but I don't really seek it. I will, however, eat it if served.

• I came here to talk about root beer.

Oh well this other stuff is OK too.

• I never tried that root beer, what is it made of , what kind of root, beet root? I am from the part of Europe where it is not drinked so much this root beer, so let's talk about it if you are here for that reason ;P