Is a piece of mahi-mahi fish fully cooked after baking for 12 minutes at 400 degrees?

Asking because I ate a piece that was cooked at that time and temp and it was mostly cooked, but had a few slimy-ish areas.. Should the bacteria be killed after baking that long, or should I be worried about food poisoning?

03

Most Helpful Guys

• If it was still fleshy it wasn’t totally cooked, but fish is generally safe to eat undercooked. Sashimi is totally raw so you should be fine

• A piece of mahi-mahi at 400 degF for 12 minutes becomes something you'd feed a dog or cat as a form of torture.

• Personally, I'd just stick the fillets in a vegetable / fish steamer and heat in the microwave for about 6 minutes. Take it out and check it with a fork. If it fall apart easily, it's done. If not, another 2 or 3 minutes will get 'er done.