Do you know what is Kunafa? Have you ever tasted it? Would you like to try?

So today I was at the sweets shop, and thought I should share this and ask about it.
You can watch this yummy clip ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹
https://vimeo.com/290773615
Yummy
Yummy
  • Yummy
    Vote A
  • Give me some 😍
    Vote B
  • No never heard of it 💔
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Kanafeh is a traditional Arab dessert made with thin noodle-like pastry, or alternatively fine semolina dough, soaked in sweet, sugar-based syrup, and typically layered with cheese, or with other ingredients such as clotted cream or nuts, depending on the region.

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• sounds similar to baklava which is one of my favorite desserts.

0|1
    0|0
    • It is different , but it sounds similar
      I am sure you will like it :)

Most Helpful Guys

• Just make it with a minimum amount of nuts, and I'm set! I think some people add too much rose water, and that kinda ruins it for me. A small hint is OK, but too much kinda ruins it a bit.

Anyway, think about it: It's a pastry baked in a pan and drenched in a sugary syrup... What more do you want?

If you've never tried it before, you're missing out.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yes... They are doing some crazy stuff with it nowadays
      Just give me the original thing ๐Ÿ˜‹

• Show All
    • Hahahaha! I think I heard about that one a while ago, but I never tried it.

You know... this talk of kunafa is encouraging me to try to make it myself. LOL! Never have before.

• Hahaha go on

• Haven't heard of it but it sounds tasty :)
    I have tried-

Ras malai-
    A milk or cream based dessert and it is also made of semolina and is rather sweet with small almonds added to the cream, the semolina makes a spongy patty in the cream.

Gulab jamun-
    Best description I can make of it is that it is spongy and is in a bowl of rich syrup, I made the mistake once of thinking you had to drink the syrup afterwards but it was apparently only meant to be used to soak the spongy balls made from khoya :p

I genuinely LOVE both these dishes and I buy them frequently from my local store in England but I would always love to try other desserts or dishes as well :)

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

What Guys Said 16

Recommended myTakes