What do you think about Starbucks?

regarding their menu, products, business practices, brand image etc

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• dont have one where I live so I've only ever tried it like once when I went to Melbourne, it was just plain old, a tad bit below average, stuff. expensive too. I really don't see whats so great about.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like them. There is a Starbucks in my office lobby.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Starbucks does a huge disservice to the old stereotype that Americans have an absolutely shitty taste when it comes to coffee and beer. Instead of busting it, they have reinforced it (at least in regard to coffee). I personally don't like coffee but practically all other Swiss people are obsessed with it. And considering we are a neighboring country of Italy and we have a huge Italian immigrant population, it's fair to say there are lots of good places to find superior coffee. When I ask people around me, pretty much everyone agrees that Starbucks coffee sucks. Once you've tasted real Italian coffee, you can never go back to that crappy, watery stuff. It's a bit like with Swiss chocolate... once you've tasted that, you can never go back to eating Hershey's.

I also think Starbucks is ridiculously overpriced. For a grande beverage, I pay close to 10 Franks (USD 11$). For that money, I can eat an entire meal in other countries. They do have some decent cakes and desserts but I noticed that they only have them here in Switzerland. When I was in the US, the food at Starbucks generally sucked.

However, the biggest problem is certainly their CEO and their business practices. They exploit their employees, pay them slave wages and worst of all, they manage to pay ZERO percent in taxes thanks to shady business tricks. Especially, regular taxpayers are paying extra for the kind of stuff that Starbucks billionaire Howard Schultz should be paying more. Disgusting.

The only reason I sometimes go to Starbucks is because we don't have any other stores that sell hot latte beverages and I can't make them myself at home.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m not a basic white girl, I rarely ever go to Starbucks

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• It's overlypriced. I didn't like any coffee and snacks.. it tasted meh. The only good thing about Starbucks here is the environment, the feel. That's it

1|3
    0|0
  • Overpriced and overrated by media like BuzzFeed and shit.

Their coffee is good, I go there too, because that's the closest coffee shop to my college, but never often. Their food isn't super special. It's kinda stale, except crossiant.

0|2
    0|0
  • the most overrated coffee shop I’ve ever had the displeasure of experiencing.
    The only thing that is halfway worth bragging about are the cold frappes and croissants.

0|1
    0|0
  • I habe tried it inky ince u I burned my tongue, I cursed them
    I don't know, they are famous, that's all I know

0|1
    0|0
  • I have never been. I don't really like coffee and I know that it's expensive there anyway so I've never felt the need to go.

0|1
    0|0
  • its good, but im not like those annoying basic starbucks lovin' white girls

0|1
    0|0
  • Never tasted it and it's quite expensive in my country.

0|1
    0|0
  • A college student staple that’s over priced for coffee

0|1
    0|0
  • It tastes nice but overpriced. Maple lattes are better than pumpkin spice anyway

0|1
    0|0
  • Not my cup of coffee.

0|1
    0|0
  • I still like it

0|1
    0|0
  • Overrated.

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s a standard product of good yet unhealthy beverages that I can get everywhere but where I live in Wisconsin (if I had a car I could get to one easily though). They are a great for road trips when the various snacks in your car become a little boring or you are craving something warm/really cold.

0|1
    0|0
    • Only something to be consumed once in a while though

What Guys Said 15

• I hate Starbucks with a passion, because I love coffee.
    Their menu is insanely overpriced (+ tax).
    Their beverages are ok, but not worth the price. Same for the edibles.
    My city has much better cafés that serve better stuff at far reasonable prices.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hardly ever go in there.

One interesting thing I discovered earlier this year, however is that they are about 10-15% more expensive in the US, than in the UK.

Not what I would have called, but then again, they're not as dominant in our market as over there.

0|1
    0|0
  • I drink tea. Although, 15+ years ago they used to sell the best Earl Grey tea I've ever tasted, but the crap they sell now is like paper with bergamot in it. 😕

0|1
    0|0
  • never go there.
    they're far too worried about the almighty dollar and how p. c. affects their bottom line.

0|1
    0|0
  • Refreshing cold sweet drinks when the weather is hot, other wise nothing special really. As a brand! For me it's a little bit over rated

0|1
    0|0
  • I drink WAY more Starbucks in the cold season because of all the flavors they bring out. Pumpkin spice, chestnut prailine, eggnog... delicious!

0|1
    0|0
  • Good coffee is brewed, not branded. Like similar ''chains'' I find it to be a capitalistic perversion.

0|1
    0|0
  • Taste: best on the market
    Price: ridiculous
    Health: atrocious
    Business practices, etc: IDGAF

0|1
    0|0
  • I wish i could like the taste of Starbucks just can't do it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Good place for a first date.

0|1
    0|0
  • White girl bait

1|1
    0|0
  • Overpriced and overrated.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never Been there before