What do you think about Starbucks?

regarding their menu, products, business practices, brand image etc

1517

Most Helpful Girls

• dont have one where I live so I've only ever tried it like once when I went to Melbourne, it was just plain old, a tad bit below average, stuff. expensive too. I really don't see whats so great about.

• I like them. There is a Starbucks in my office lobby.

Most Helpful Guys

• Starbucks does a huge disservice to the old stereotype that Americans have an absolutely shitty taste when it comes to coffee and beer. Instead of busting it, they have reinforced it (at least in regard to coffee). I personally don't like coffee but practically all other Swiss people are obsessed with it. And considering we are a neighboring country of Italy and we have a huge Italian immigrant population, it's fair to say there are lots of good places to find superior coffee. When I ask people around me, pretty much everyone agrees that Starbucks coffee sucks. Once you've tasted real Italian coffee, you can never go back to that crappy, watery stuff. It's a bit like with Swiss chocolate... once you've tasted that, you can never go back to eating Hershey's.

I also think Starbucks is ridiculously overpriced. For a grande beverage, I pay close to 10 Franks (USD 11$). For that money, I can eat an entire meal in other countries. They do have some decent cakes and desserts but I noticed that they only have them here in Switzerland. When I was in the US, the food at Starbucks generally sucked.

However, the biggest problem is certainly their CEO and their business practices. They exploit their employees, pay them slave wages and worst of all, they manage to pay ZERO percent in taxes thanks to shady business tricks. Especially, regular taxpayers are paying extra for the kind of stuff that Starbucks billionaire Howard Schultz should be paying more. Disgusting.

The only reason I sometimes go to Starbucks is because we don't have any other stores that sell hot latte beverages and I can't make them myself at home.

• I’m not a basic white girl, I rarely ever go to Starbucks