Does this mean that I'm someone who can kinda hold alcohol?

The first time I ever drank was with two guys who mixed soju with beer to make it stronger apparently. They poured me and my friend (that was my first encounter with those two guys, one of them was a family's friend of my friend, and the other was that guy's bestfriend) a cup of the size you see in in the pic.
We were in a restaurant and had only one water bottle for 5 but a couple bottles of Soju and cans of beers and as I need something to drink when I eat, I just kept going for the alcohol that I finished quite fast and had the guys pour me as soon as I was done again and again. And so my friend drank 2 cups and a half whilst I had 5. We did other activities around the city that night and the guys kept checking up on us scared that we'd start feeling drunk, but, even hours later I wasn't even feeling tipsy. I wanted to know what that felt like but I really had zero after effect...
Does this mean that I hold alcohol well or just that I didn't drink enough to get tipsy?
  • Yes, you should've at least felt tipsy.
  • No, that alcohol wasn't strong enough/you didn't drink enough.

03

Most Helpful Guys

• The reason why you get snacks while out drinking is that the food absorbs some of the alcohol so that it takes longer to process. That's one factor that influences how drunk you can get. The other that comes to mind are genetics and body size. If you're a small person, a little bit will get you drunk, and it'll take more the bigger you are.

• I think its mostly that you were eating, it slows down how quickly the alcohol hits your system reducing your peak drunkness levels so it probably kept you at a mild buzz. For myself I don't normally feel it if I don't hit at least 4 shots within a few minutes as my metabolism burns it off pretty quickly if I don't keep up with it by drinking enough fast enough.